Clearwater CC Pickup.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      Ouch. Eleven grand. Well, we have pictures of it here at least. Thanks, Peter and Kenneth.
      ========
      Robert, thanks for all your work on making repro parts. Your two Pertronix electronic-ignition kits on my CCs really make a difference in starting and performance.

      =Lou=

      From: Robert Kirk

      2a. Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay
      From: mrcooby
      2b. Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay
      From: Peter Berard
      2c. Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay
      From: Kenneth Cahill

      Messages
      1. Pre War items
      Posted by: "Robert Kirk" kirkbrit@... kirkbrit
      Date: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:06 am ((PDT))

      An update to some new product for the Pre War.� Have located as original new head lamp assemblies including the buckets and all else.� Both the early rubber horn button cover and later style chrome bezel (appropriate for at least 1942).� Rear tail lamp assembly with as original rasied lettering..complete or parts same as the headlamp assembly...these are also appropriate for the VC models.�
      �
      �These are additions to the replacement Stainless bumpers, pistons and rings and head gaskets now available for the Pre War.�
      �
      Projects� close to offering are replacement gauge clusters and single items for all Crosley including the 3 Pre War gauges WITH proper faces.� OEM tail lamp assemblies and parts for the Post War cars.� Pre�War electric wiper motor appropriate at least to some 1942 models.
      �
      If there is interest a private email would be appreciated.� ���

      www.kirks-auto.com
      �

      Messages in this topic (1)
      2a. Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay
      Posted by: "mrcooby" x779@... mrcooby
      Date: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:03 pm ((PDT))

      Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

      "This truck has been run so many times that it qualifies as an antique on real auction time!............peter"
      =========
      :-)

      What's *your* take on this deal, Peter? I'm not up on this truck or its history but it appears the seller or previous owner took it as a joke with the tow hook and all. Maybe some of that is what's scaring buyers off? Because from the photos it looks decent. Thanks.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-47-CROSLEY-PU-SHOW-MUSEUM-DISPLAY-CRUISE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem518c1a09adQQitemZ350242867629QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

      Messages in this topic (5)
      2b. Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay
      Posted by: "Peter Berard" berard_m@... petejulie04
      Date: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm ((PDT))

      They're asking a TON of money for a QUARTER TON truck. The reserve prohibits any bidding...........p

      Posted by: "Kenneth Cahill" kcahill@... cahillkenneth
      Date: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm ((PDT))

      It is a reasonable pick up. Certainly not perfect. There is rust out in the floor wells, etc. It had approx $11,000 reserve which appears to be the main factor it is still for sale.
      "This truck has been run so many times that it qualifies as an antique on real auction time!............peter"
      =========
      :-)

      What's *your* take on this deal, Peter? I'm not up on this truck or its history but it appears the seller or previous owner took it as a joke with the tow hook and all. Maybe some of that is what's scaring buyers off? Because from the photos it looks decent. Thanks.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-47-CROSLEY-PU-SHOW-MUSEUM-DISPLAY-CRUISE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem518c1a09adQQitemZ350242867629QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks

      Messages in this topic (5)

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley>
      <www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley3>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley4>

      The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.