Re: Early CC pickup truck: eBay

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2009
      The vehicle started out for sale in St Louis.  When it was shown there about a year ago, it included pics of the bottom where it was plain the floor boards were completely rusted out and "patched over"...
      The asking then was $13-14K as I recall.  At half the price the vehicle would be over priced in my opinion.  AT 11K is still over the top but perhaps the floorboards are fixed...

      The Clearwater outfit selling it now used to have a huge show room "tricked out" in fine memorabilia etc.  They closed and now deal exclusively in EBay E type commerce.  The owner whom I've met is serious into Corvettes....at one time having every fuel injected model made...mostly red cars...in his showroom.  He sponsors a high end auction at the Tampa Fairgrounds....or at did...Kruse as I recall.
      I heard he got in dutch selling a 454 Chevelle SS overseas where the new owner discovered numbers didn't match and the car was a "recreation".  I do not vouch for the truth of all that and the seller may have in fact been duped but the near block long showroom closed shortly afterward FWIW.