New Crosley sheetmetal:

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2009
      Thanks, Peter! I posted that source information - tfreshly@... - into our Links folder. Valuable resource!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, August 7, 2009 8:40 AM
      To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: =CROSLEY= Digest Number 776

      There are 5 messages in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. Ray Day
      From: Louis Rugani

      2. New Body Parts?
      From: Louis Rugani

      3. Rescue Alert: '48 Crosley (San Gabriel Valley, CA)
      From: Louis Rugani

      4. FS: 1948 Crosley Pickup Truck - $1450 (Thumb of Michigan)
      From: x779@...

      5. Parts
      From: Robert Kirk

      Messages
      1. Ray Day
      Posted by: "Louis Rugani" x779@... mrcooby
      Date: Thu Aug 6, 2009 6:51 am ((PDT))

      Give Ray our best, Robert. I know Ray isn't on the Web but he's CCOC all the way.

      From: Robert Kirk

      Message
      1. re parts
      Posted by: "Robert Kirk" kirkbrit@... kirkbrit
      Date: Wed Aug 5, 2009 7:24 am ((PDT))

      I�am pretty sure I can get that done.� Send the sample to me and I'll get started.� BTW, my new alloy sun visors for the CC and CD have been�a real hit.� My friend Ray Day sourced an original and I had it copied.� "Modified" a tad...I used double clamps on the rain gutter to gurantee it won't get loose and used stainless steel for the all the hardward mounts...drove up the cost but will never rust not harm the alloy.� Have had nothing but praise by those who purchased.�

      www.kirks-auto.com
      �

      Messages in this topic (1)

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley>
      <www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley3>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley4>

      The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.

      Messages in this topic (1)
      2. New Body Parts?
      Posted by: "Louis Rugani" x779@... mrcooby
      Date: Thu Aug 6, 2009 8:03 am ((PDT))

      Except for new hubcaps, bumpers and emblems there is no new sheetmetal being offered, but that can be rolled by any good English-wheel operator advertised in Hemmings Motor News.

      =Lou=

      ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      From: fred
      1b. Re: Body Parts ?
      From: Peter Berard
      1c. Re: Body Parts ?
      From: Peter Berard

      Messages
      1a. Body Parts ?
      Posted by: "fred" bronzemouse8@... bronzemouse101
      Date: Sat Aug 1, 2009 9:15 am ((PDT))

      Does anyone make panels & body parts for the
      Crosley ?

      Messages in this topic (3)
      1b. Re: Body Parts ?
      Posted by: "Peter Berard" berard_m@... petejulie04

      Date: Thu Aug 6, 2009 8:09 am ((PDT))

      http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/1304133310.html

      Messages in this topic (1)
      4. FS: 1948 Crosley Pickup Truck - $1450 (Thumb of Michigan)
      Posted by: "x779@..." x779@... mrcooby
      Date: Thu Aug 6, 2009 9:06 am ((PDT))

      x779@... has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.
      Please see below for more information.

      FS: 1948 Crosley Pickup Truck

      Reply to: sale-vzyap-1304499521@...
      Date: 2009-08-03, 9:40PM

      FOR SALE: 1948 Crosley Pickup Truck. Body is mounted on a later model chassis with tube shocks and hydraulic disc brakes. Floor pans have been repaired. The body has some lumps and bumps, but is mostly solid. Roof and hood are nice and straight. It has a transmission, but no engine or interior. NO Rust! Clear Michigan title with matching VIN tag.
      Please call or email me if you would like more pictures.
      Price: $1450 o.b.o
      Located in the Thumb of Michigan(70 miles Northeast of Detroit).
      My phone number is (989)635-7756

      Location: Thumb of Michigan
      it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

      Original URL: http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/1304499521.html

      this craigslist posting was forwarded to you by someone using our
      email-a-friend feature - if you want to prevent these, please go to:

      http://www.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/te/vJ3Ylx2cvBUesVmb0NXavNmLAAQbd

      Messages in this topic (1)
      5. Parts
      Posted by: "Robert Kirk" kirkbrit@... kirkbrit
      Date: Fri Aug 7, 2009 4:28 am ((PDT))

      Lou,
      Thanks for the sample horn push I have made an exact reproduction now ready for sale...two days turn around from the request...NOT BAD I'd suggest!! I have a few other Pre War offerings I'd like to mention:
      �
      I have sourced absolute correct headlamp buckets & I also have a much more affordable "close to" OEM replacement for anyone interested. Also the bulbs and rear lamp OEM and repro. I have the front and rear bumpers and the head gaskets as per OEM design...new fresh and ready to offer another 60 years service. I have one of the several style convertible�tops in modern stayfast "canvas" guaranteed to not fade nor shrink. And all my parts are made to OEM standards or better. I also now have both pistons and rings for the prewar thanks
      to you and Dave Edwards....a tireless champ of both parts, Crosley, and OEM attitudes. He told me�he's been at the parts biz since 1960...what a CHAMP!
      Also have a newly produced CC and CD external sunvisor which features stainless clamps...
      This has been fashioned after an original made exclusively for the Crosley so it appears.
      �
      On the "working list" are new wheel trim rings in stainless AND a much more affordable hub cap, low dome and proper to pre war and post war. CORRECT emblems according to year. I also have the late CD threshold plates! And of course I still carry the overwhelmingly superior spring bushes, which last 2-3x longer than current offerings. Someone told me that the current rubber items fell apart before the vehicle even hit the ground. Polyurethane will last another 70 years for anyone who appreciates the best for their restoration or simply upgrading from c.1950 to2009 tech. Hundreds sold and not a single complaint by any customer....

      www.kirks-auto.com
      �