Re: =CROSLEY= CCOC national meet?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:

      "maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but since there is already a giant Natl crosley meet in Wauseon every year it seems like it might make sense to hold a CCOC meet as part of that...

      tim"
      http://crosleykook.blogspot.com
      ======================
      Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.

      =Lou=

      ======================

      I would gladly like to work with you and the local leadership of these events to make it happen. If you felt that we could make a go of it and host a separate event I would like to assist you with that as well.

      Dayton Convention and Visitors Bureau

      > To: Ron Eifert

      Subject: CCOC national meet?

      Mr, Reifert, thank you for your offer. Dayton is actually very convenient to many CCOC members and Crosley history is largely based in Ohio .
      With about 350 current members, though, the CCOC is still building after years of dormancy and hasn't officially met as a group for years; CCOC members have instead been attending existing meets though some have expressed hope that this may change someday. In the meantime, if Dayton has a major vintage-car meet, perhaps we can discuss joining in as participating members.

      Thanks again!

      Lou Rugani
      =======================

    • tim foster
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
        >Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the >summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.
        >
        >=Lou=

        That makes sense... I do the same thing since the West Coast Crosley meet is always mid-September.

        ============ ========= =

        ============ ========= ==

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 22, 2009
          Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...>

          "I missed the fees other than the $65 for the Sat kick off.  Were we to "show" our cars what would it cost and would we be part of the "concours"."
          Right, Robert. I'm against "registration fees" on principal. $65.00, you say? Ouch.
          "Before making a long term commitment I'd like to hear from the other members and offer that the Crystal Lake IL venue for micro cars was one of the best I've ever attended.  I belive its organizer intends to hold a similar event annually and it would be my pick to "associate" if we came to terms.
          http://www.worldmeet2010.com/

          www.kirks-auto.com
          I agree, Robert. It looks ideal. How about it, everyone? We had eight Crosleys there the last time.