CCOC national meet?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 17, 2009

      From: Ron Eifert
      Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:33 PM
      To: Louis Rugani
      Subject: RE: CCOC national meet?

      I connected with the Chairs of the Orphan Car Show (they are on vacation and have their home phone forwarded to their cell) and they traditionally have hosted the last Saturday in September---temperature are comfortable and it is a good time for them. Does September sound like it would work for you? Could we start to talk about 2010?

      Ron Eifert

      Dayton CVB

      800.221.8235 x 284

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 17, 2009
        maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but since there is already a giant Natl crosley meet in Wauseon every year it seems like it might make sense to hold a CCOC meet as part of that...

        tim

        http://crosleykook.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 18, 2009
          I beleive I speak for Lou that the CCOC would prefer for now to remain autoanomous.  The idea of a meet or show is something just now being put on the table and it seems with a strong lobbying by Dayton Ohio.  I had hoped for a little more input but I can attest that Lou, Paul Gorrell and I enjoyed the day at the micro meet in suburban Chicago.  An Orphan meet would be nice a an Orphan meet of micro cars is a little more on target, IMHO.

          I also am honered to be invited to an AACA meet in Dayton I just haven't heard the parameters of how we would be involved as Crosley owners and what would be expected to display our cars and what if any awards we would be considered.

          Just my 2 cents....

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
            It appears possible for late September 2010, but as we're still building at 333 or so members, I think the best course would be to relay all the information here and let the CCOC members make their own arrangements, at least for the first year.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
              --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:

              "maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but since there is already a giant Natl crosley meet in Wauseon every year it seems like it might make sense to hold a CCOC meet as part of that...

              tim"
              http://crosleykook.blogspot.com
              ======================
              Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.

              =Lou=

              ======================

              =======================

            • tim foster
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
                >Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the >summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.
                >
                >=Lou=

                That makes sense... I do the same thing since the West Coast Crosley meet is always mid-September.

                ============ ========= =

                ============ ========= ==

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 22, 2009
                  Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...>

                  "I missed the fees other than the $65 for the Sat kick off.  Were we to "show" our cars what would it cost and would we be part of the "concours"."
                  Right, Robert. I'm against "registration fees" on principal. $65.00, you say? Ouch.
                  "Before making a long term commitment I'd like to hear from the other members and offer that the Crystal Lake IL venue for micro cars was one of the best I've ever attended.  I belive its organizer intends to hold a similar event annually and it would be my pick to "associate" if we came to terms.
                  http://www.worldmeet2010.com/

                  www.kirks-auto.com
                  I agree, Robert. It looks ideal. How about it, everyone? We had eight Crosleys there the last time.