CCOC national meet?

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2009
      Mr, Reifert, thank you for your offer. Dayton is actually very convenient to many CCOC members and Crosley history is largely based in Ohio. With about 350 current members, though, the CCOC is still building after years of dormancy and hasn't officially met as a group for years; CCOC members have instead been attending existing meets though some have expressed hope that this may change someday. In the meantime, if Dayton has a major vintage-car meet, perhaps we can discuss joining in as participating members.
      Thanks again!

      Lou Rugani

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 15, 2009
        Opinions wanted:

        Though some have suggested it, I don't think the CCOC at 350 members is ready yet for a national meet of its own, but we have tied successfully on occasion into this or that existing national meet.

        Ron Eifert of Dayton, Ohio has been suggesting tying into the annual Dayton Concours d'Elegance in September, this year on Sunday the 20th. I think there's a possibility this could work for us on an annual basis, maybe even this year.

        It's a class-act with great parties and socialization, it would stretch our summer out a bit longer, and it would be in Crosley's home state where most of our CCOC members are.  There wouldn't be a swap meet though I'm sure no one would mind pre-arranged parts exchanges, and we'd mix in with some great, rare originals. This year they're honoring Marmon's 100th!

        Your thoughts on officially tying in each year to this great meet? Or is it too much and too over-the-top and we'd prefer the more-laid-back Orphan Meet they have instead? Thanks in advance!

        =Lou=

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 16, 2009
          Barry Seel seems to have a similar invite to a local AACA in PAn where Crosleys are most welcome and apparently something of a hit.
          As for the Dayton show, I missed the fees other than the $65 for the Sat kick off.  Were we to "show" our cars what would it cost and would we be part of the "concours".

          I like the sentiment of an Indiana or Ohio venue but Wauseon already hosts a National meet in Ohio and frankly Cincinnati or Richmond seem the more likly choices.  Nashville IN is also nice;
          http://www.brown-county-indiana.com/
          There are pretty nice areas in WI and Starved Rock IL is where the local chapter hold events...its also nice.
          Before making a long term committment I'd like to hear from the other members and offer that the Crystal Lake IL venue for micro cars was one of the best I've ever attended.  I belive its organizer intends to hold a similar event annually and it would be my pick to "associate" if we came to terms.
          I'm not opposed to the invite just don't know the benefits.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 17, 2009

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 17, 2009
              maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but since there is already a giant Natl crosley meet in Wauseon every year it seems like it might make sense to hold a CCOC meet as part of that...

              tim

              http://crosleykook.blogspot.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 18, 2009
                I beleive I speak for Lou that the CCOC would prefer for now to remain autoanomous.  The idea of a meet or show is something just now being put on the table and it seems with a strong lobbying by Dayton Ohio.  I had hoped for a little more input but I can attest that Lou, Paul Gorrell and I enjoyed the day at the micro meet in suburban Chicago.  An Orphan meet would be nice a an Orphan meet of micro cars is a little more on target, IMHO.

                I also am honered to be invited to an AACA meet in Dayton I just haven't heard the parameters of how we would be involved as Crosley owners and what would be expected to display our cars and what if any awards we would be considered.

                Just my 2 cents....

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
                  It appears possible for late September 2010, but as we're still building at 333 or so members, I think the best course would be to relay all the information here and let the CCOC members make their own arrangements, at least for the first year.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
                    --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:

                    "maybe I'm the only one who thinks this, but since there is already a giant Natl crosley meet in Wauseon every year it seems like it might make sense to hold a CCOC meet as part of that...

                    tim"
                    http://crosleykook.blogspot.com
                    ======================
                    Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.

                    =Lou=

                    ======================

                    =======================

                  • tim foster
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 21, 2009
                      >Thanks, Tim. I was only thinking that a late-September CCOC meet would stretch out the >summer a bit more and give us a chance to mix in with a respected multi-make meet.
                      >
                      >=Lou=

                      That makes sense... I do the same thing since the West Coast Crosley meet is always mid-September.

                      ============ ========= =

                      ============ ========= ==

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 22, 2009
                        Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...>

                        "I missed the fees other than the $65 for the Sat kick off.  Were we to "show" our cars what would it cost and would we be part of the "concours"."
                        Right, Robert. I'm against "registration fees" on principal. $65.00, you say? Ouch.
                        "Before making a long term commitment I'd like to hear from the other members and offer that the Crystal Lake IL venue for micro cars was one of the best I've ever attended.  I belive its organizer intends to hold a similar event annually and it would be my pick to "associate" if we came to terms.
                        http://www.worldmeet2010.com/

                        www.kirks-auto.com
                        I agree, Robert. It looks ideal. How about it, everyone? We had eight Crosleys there the last time.