CD Fire truck for sale:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2009
      1950 Crosley Fire Truck ....Rare and seldom offered for sale-this Crosley is a great example of a vehicle which gets lots of attention .   I would believe that this Crosley has been used in several parades.  I have been informed that these cute little trucks were sent out to be converted  as fire trucks or other amusement style vehicles at one of two conversion companies here in the U.S., after manufacture by Crosley. This sharp little truck has been restored -  though making it a stunning example, it can use more cosmetics.Here's what I know ,or have been informed of, by the restorer / previous owner of this Crosley. Mechanically -  it has been gone through including , motor rebuilt by Service Motors Crosley  { not original motor }. All shocks , bushings, brakes, brake lines are new.New floor pans. Seats beautiffully recovered .New inside door panels. New Moon gas tank, now located on bed of truck.Electrical has been changed to a 12 volt system.New tinted glass windshield and back window.No side glass.Easy to install side window kits are available.... Vehicle runs great. Very solid body and frame-no surprises.  I have been told that it could use a minor clutch adjustment.This Crosley sports duallies on the rear - dual wheels.Appears to have original plywood on bed.Stainless steel benches. Bench handles were all rechromed, including rear grab handles, side hose caps.Top bed grab handles are all new stainless steel.Roof and lower rear window grab handles have been painted.New reproduction front grill and bumper.New tires.Doors both require a lift and push motion in order to close and latch.Dash , in my opinion ,would look nicer if it was re-sprayed in red.Body was all repainted - though more wet sanding and polish would improve its looks.Two sirens,beacon light are included. They are not original to this vehcle. Also shown in photo are trim strips for inside of windshield., new light sockets for front turn signal lights { no lenses / bezels }, both door stop plunger rods { easy to re-install } horn switch wire { no button / horn  } complete or partial hood latch ? Factory guages / speedometer are not hooked up. I don't know of their abilities. Non -factory, temp and oil guages are hooked up.Missing original radio speaker grill { available through Service Motors - $6. } Dash does have a rare radio delete plate. No glove box cardboard case { also available.}....Make this Crosley your own- newly lettered fire dept. logos on doors will make this ride pop ! Add a bell , also.Originally mounted on cowl near windshield. There is a small hole located at bottom of trim strip on front windshield for this purpose.....Will easily fit in most garages- roughly only 17 and a half feet long . Prefer cash in person.Sold as is . I have represented this vehicle to the best of my abilities, and honestly. I will not be resonsible for any ommisions. This vehicle has NO TITLE.It will be sold with a bill of sale, only.I cannot aquire one for you.You are fully responsible for any pursuit , whatsoever- related to such.13,483 miles is speedometer reading.True mileage is unknown..Auction is for U.S., only. Sorry,no foreign bidders.Please read my 100 % perfect feedback. You are totally responsible for any shipping arrangements.I will be very flexible for pickup.This vehicle will be offered for sale locally. I will reserve the right to end this listing early.Please contact me with any questions- eastern time zone.Thank you....407-851-6077  /  407-240-7736.