'41 Crosley

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28 5:28 AM
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Uncle Don
      Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 11:38 AM
      To: Louis Rugani
      Subject: Re: '41 Crosley

      Louis

      Not sure which one you mean!

      Had an original problem with the oil pressure relief "valve"that was
      resolved by my mechanic brother. It consists of a spring and a "ball",
      neither one of which was put back when the engine was done. When I first got
      "Blossom" she had some heating and pressure problems because of it! Cudos
      to a neat brother who diagnosed it correctly and then fabricated and
      installed the apropriate ball and spring! We got lots of good advice on that
      one from Butch and others in the club!

      More recently had a starting "problem" for which I have used starting fluid
      to get engine cranking fast enough to draw gas into the carb. Suggestion
      was that the fuel pump should be "holding" gas in the line and if it isn't
      might need an overhaul!

      Since I am only starting and running her about every 3 weeks, and have
      absolutely no fuel problem otherwise, I have not changed anything! (I did
      learn to disconnect the battery between runs, and it stays hotter that way!)

      Either one of these what you were inquiring about?

      Thanks.........Don hammond