RE: =CROSLEY= firetruck dual rear wheels

  • Bill Cunningham
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 8:05 AM
      I have a Fly & Harwood Pumper style fire truck with the original "duals".....They simply welded two regular Crosley rims together with a steel spacer at the edge to allow clearance for the tires...The center section of the outer wheel was cut out to allow access to the lug nuts on the inner wheel...They left the hubcap retainers intact on the outer rim to hold the hubcap...Bill C.

      To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      From: kcahill@...
      Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:23:22 -0400
      Subject: =CROSLEY= firetruck dual rear wheels

      Did the Crosley firetrucks with dual rear wheels all use FOR duals or were other systems used?  How did some of them have rear hubcaps where there were duals?

      Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.