Re: Crosley

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22, 2009
      Richard Williams wrote:

      "First I would like to thank all for the oil info. Very interesting. I have just added 3, yes three Crosley S.W.'s to my 48 S.W. I now have a '48 "NELLIE", 49, 50 and 51 Super. All S.W.'s. The 3 new adds are in poor condition. Haven't figured which to restore as yet. Making more room for them in my shop."
      ==========
      Welcome aboard, Rich. Thank you for rescuing those cars.
      ==========
      "Didn't know till recently that Crosley put disc brakes on anything but Hot Shots. My '49 and '50 both have factory dics brakes on them. Rare I think but heard that Crosley stopped because they were freezing up in the winter back east."
      Yes, they suffered from ice and wintertime corrosion. Powel Crosley could be a bit stubborn; he was told that a fifty-cent rubber seal would protect the brakes, but he said no. That mistake came right on the heels of the COBRA engine disaster. "For want of a nail ..."
      "Anyway I just had to save these little cars, even if I don't rebuild them all.
      Rich W"

      Right on, Rich; I'm very familiar with that feeling myself, and it's a good feeling.

      =Lou R.=
    • uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010