New PRE War Crosley Parts

  • kirkbrit@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2009
      FWIW
      I am having a production run of cast iron rings made for the later pre war Crosley,1941 and 1942.  This is the more popular engine and the engine most often used to replace the earlier and larger motor.  The bore is 3 inches and oversize can be had if there is interest.  The ring width (arguably height of the ring on a verticle positioned piston) is one eighth inch for the two compression rings and 5/32 inches on the oil compression ring.

      It is also possible to have a three ring or modern style oil compression ring if anyone is interested.

      I need to have confirmed the land depth or how deep the grooves are. If anyone can provide that measure it would be greatly appreciated.  It needs to be a minimum of .140 (140 thousandths) and .150 for the oil ring.

      If anyone can confirm technical data (which may in fact be the same) on the earlier engine I suspect I can have those rings made as well.

      To be sure I am fishing the waters here not only for information but for anyone interested in placeing an order.  Please contact me OFF LIST and directly at the address below.

      I am also interested in helping develop any other parts for the prewar for those who have an interest.  Just drop me a line.  Samples, to be returned, are always of great benefit in these undertakings.....
      Ideas discussed are valves, guides, springs, pistons, complete engine gasket set, I have the head gaskets available.  But again I need easily replicated and undamaged used parts to assist in manufacture.

      THANKS!

      Robert Kirk
      563 323 1017

    • gurbinder hera
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2009
        Hello Robert.

        It was very nice of you to spare me your valuable time this morning and the advice you gave me is very much appreciated and sincerely hope that you will assist me in getting my 39 crosley on the road.

        best wishes

        gurbinder

        (gurbinder s hera)

        2462 Butternut crescent ,