Mr. Carl Nichols

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2009
      Hi, Dennis. Thanks for posting the information about your father. I
      have a 1941 and a 1942 that your Dad might have worked on. We're
      heavily into Crosley history and I'd like to gather more information
      for posterity. Could you email offlist at X779@... . Thanks again!

      =Lou=
      ===================================
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Nichols <dcharlesnichols@...>
      wrote:

      > It is interesting to me that Time magazine published this article in
      October 1938. A bit behind TIME I believe.
      > My father, Carl Nichols, was transferred from the Cincinnati plant to
      Richmond, Indiana in September of 1937 to be Line Superintendent for
      the Crosley Car.
      > When we arrived in Richmond the plant was just being built. Dad was
      there to help in the design and set up of the assembly line.
      > We have a photo of him on the line wearing roller skates. He was
      always seeking new and more productive ways to spend his time. He
      figured it would take less time to manage the long line on roller
      skates.