Re:TIME Magazine, Monday, October 24, 1938:

  • Dennis Nichols
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 11, 2009
      It is interesting to me that Time magazine published this article in October 1938. A bit behind TIME I believe.
      My father, Carl Nichols, was transferred from the Cincinnati plant to Richmond, Indiana in September of 1937 to be Line Superintendent for the Crosley Car.
      When we arrived in Richmond the plant was just being built. Dad was there to help in the design and set up of the assembly line.
      We have a photo of him on the line wearing roller skates. He was always seeking new and more productive ways to spend his time. He figured it would take less time to manage the long line on roller skates.
      Wouldn't OSHA have a field day with him on skates in an industrial plant.
      Regards to all,
      Dennis
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2009
        Hi, Dennis. Thanks for posting the information about your father. I
        have a 1941 and a 1942 that your Dad might have worked on. We're
        heavily into Crosley history and I'd like to gather more information
        for posterity. Could you email offlist at X779@... . Thanks again!

        =Lou=
        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Dennis Nichols <dcharlesnichols@...>