New and old

  • kuhlwlf
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 19, 2008
      New group member, and old Crosley.
      Shelvador Freezer to be more specific.
      I was fascinated when my internet browsing this morning brought me to
      learn of the old Crosley automobiles. I had never seen one before.
      Anyway I thought you all might like to see this beauty.
      I could not believe the shape this upright freezer is in!
      Today I googled all morning and from what I can see, this old freezer
      is rare! I am in love. Today I meticulously and carefully scrubbed
      all the shelves, then waxed her outside.
      It was kind of nice that Maguiers carnauba has a bit of a vanilla
      scent which seems quite right on an old freezer.
      Anyway, the shelves have wire fronts which fold down!
      Coolest thing is the "SELECT-O-TRAY" in the door which is another
      wire shelf which folds out.
      Anyway, I took a bunch of pictures and the old girl is now plugged in
      and cooling down, in anticipation of hunting season which opens in
      one week.
      Here is the link to the photo set if you'd like to take a gander.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kuhlwlf/sets/72157608186817882/

      Thanks for having me,
      Cheryl
      Polson, MT
    • Kenneth Cahill
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 20, 2008
        A beautiful piece.  It looks a little more 'modern' than our '51 Shelvadore refrigerator .  Any idea what year it was made?

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 20, 2008

          Thanks!

          No, I don’t know and searched all over the internet trying to find out more.

          How can you tell what year your refrigerator is?

          I was hoping the serial number plate would give more of a clue but without any reference the numbers don’t mean anything to me.

          Cheryl

          MT

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 21, 2008
            Karen
            Thanks for shareing!  That center handle puts me in mind of a unit which actually can be opened in either manner, left or right swinging.  It takes me back to my childhood when friends of my parents had a similar hinged refrigerator.
            My daughter works for a major midwest distributor and I have forwarded you link to her to find if anyone can help identify this a bit more.  Will advise.

            www.kirks-auto.com

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 21, 2008
              With apoligies Cheryl....I responed the "K" in your email address rather than remember your correct name.

              www.kirks-auto.com

            • kuhlwolf
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 21, 2008

                Thank you, Robert!

                My daughter works for a major midwest distributor and I have forwarded you link to her to find if anyone can help identify this a bit more.  Will advise.

                www.kirks-auto. com

                .

              • Kenneth Cahill
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 21, 2008