Fwd: As long as I'm passing out thanks ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2008
      --- In West_Coast_Crosleys@yahoogroups.com, "mrcooby" <x779@...>
      wrote:

      ... my heartiest thank-yous go out to our Crosley parts suppliers,
      and especially the reproduction-part suppliers.

      These latter folks are personal heroes to all of us; they gambled
      their savings on remanufacturing Crosley parts on the hope that the
      need would continue.

      Our biggest worry now as Crosley owners and drivers is the growing
      scarcity of engine bearings. A small run of new bearings will cost
      over $10,000.

      Service Motors has invested in reproduction mechanical-brake cables,
      hubcaps and much more.

      I'm confident that such angels will come forth when parts shortages
      become critical, providing the original-Crosley-parts market remains
      stable.

      As an example, I mentioned brake cables. If CC owners keep their CC
      brakes original, there'll always be a need for repro brake cables,
      and that concept applies throughout all our parts needs. The age-old
      supply-and-demand thing.

      A big thank-you to all our Crosley parts suppliers, and a fond tip of
      the hat to the late Ed Herzog of Service Motors, who more than anyone
      kept the Crosley dream and legend alive by keeping Crosleys out of
      the scrapyards and on the road.

      =Lou Rugani=

      --- End forwarded message ---