Correct color-matching paints:

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008
      Some suggestions:

      Hibernia Auto Restorations
      (973) 627-1882

      Bill Hirsch
      (800)828-2061

      Let us know your progress, Steve. Good luck.

      =Lou=

      ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      From: cutworm1959

      Message
      1. Ol, Paint
      Posted by: "cutworm1959" cutworm1959@... cutworm1959
      Date: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:17 pm ((PDT))

      Hi folks, Does anyone have a source for the correct paint that is-was
      on my 1950 wagon? As close as I can figure the name is:Ocean foam
      Green. I know the paint list says Metallic but I cannot find any flake
      in the paint still on the car. Hopefully Someone has an updated paint
      source in acrylic enamel as I am not real good at spraying the new
      clearcoat systems. Please let me know if you can help....and dont tell
      my wife, she hates the color. Steve Rains

      Messages in this topic (1)

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:

      THE CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.

    • cutworm1959
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2008
        Thanks again Lou,
        I will give these folks a ding.
        Steve

        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Rugani" <x779@...> wrote:

        > Some suggestions:
        >
        > Hibernia Auto Restorations
        > (973) 627-1882
        >
        > Bill Hirsch
        > (800)828-2061
        >
        > Let us know your progress, Steve. Good luck.
        >
        > =Lou=
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~ **-=\/=-** ~~~~~~~~~~
        >
        > The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.
        Robert Anthony

        __

      • berard_m@bellsouth.net

          Hi folks, Does anyone have a source for the correct paint that is-was
          on my 1950 wagon? As close as I can figure the name is:Ocean foam
          Green. I know the paint list says Metallic but I cannot find any flake
          in the paint still on the car. Hopefully Someone has an updated paint
          source in acrylic enamel as I am not real good at spraying the new
          clearcoat systems. Please let me know if you can help....and dont tell
          my wife, she hates the color. Steve Rains

          Messages in this topic (1)

          Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress. com/CrosleyClub
          Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
          <www.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley>
          <www.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley2>
          <www.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley3>
          <www.groups. yahoo.com/ group/Crosley4>

          THE CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
            Peter,
            I would offer two notes to red.  First most reds are an orange red.  I don't like orange in my red.  There are however two reds I find remarkably red.  A 70s era acrylic enamal used by ford.  The formulation is a deep burgandy with a lot of white to bring it to a red.  ALSOLUTELY no orange.  The other is Chrysler Viper red which is a two stage.
            I always thought "Ferrari Red" was nice until I inquired to find they have used MANY formulas over the years and getting any of them is nigh on impossible.

            My advice if you like two stage is visit a car lot or many, find the color of choice and ask for the code.  OR if you preder acrylic, go to an old car show and find a color of appeal and ask the owner...they almost always know and often are quick to share.

            www.kirks-auto.com

          • berard_m@bellsouth.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 23, 2008
              Thanks for the reply Robert. I'm not trying to replicate or even come close to the original color, which I believe is the burgundy you're speaking about. I want as bright a red as I can get.  I'm going single stage coating. The pickup I saw at Wauseon was the red I'd like to have. Sort of a Chinese red. The owner was from Ma. but out membership roster has 17 members for that state and I'm at a loss to pick the right one.
                 Thanks anyway............pete