Crosley wins First Place on first time out!

  • Posti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20, 2008
      My 1951 Crosley Super station wagon took top honors in its class (against a dozen other 1950-1952 American cars) in our big Wings and Wheels show here in Virginia today.  More than 280 cars were on hand, including a couple of Duesenbergs.  The Crosley got a lot of attention - the general comment was that most folks had never seen one before.  It was parked next to a 1940 Packard coupe, which really emphasized the size difference.  I ended up giving a lot of rides to people who couldn't believe how much room there was inside.  Anyway, it was a terrific debut!

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 21, 2008
        Congrats on the top honers!  I think its great you took the time to give folks a ride.  I've only been at one other venue where that seemed a profound part of the venue.  The National Micro Car meet outside Chicago.  Our moderator Lou was on hand with his almost pedal car sized vehicle bring joy to all sorts of children....and Lou as well!

        www.kirks-auto.com