Re: Another Crosley On the Road!

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
      Bob,
      Got a chance to look at your site.  I too have Crosleys and Jeepsters!  Your documentation of the restoration makes for interesting reading.  The low idle problem maybe as simply as a slight adjustment.  Its hard to tell but I beleive your car should have a carter rather than tillitson carb (tillies were for the earlier cars).  Good Luck....GREAT Job!

      www.kirks-auto.com

    • Richard Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
        I changed my 48 Sta. Wgn. over to a Carter carb. and like it much better. How ever it wasn't too cheap.
        Rich

      • Posti@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
          Hiya!

          thanks for the note - I was told the Tillotson was correct on mine - had a Carter on it, though.  Oh well.  It needs some tinkering still on adjustments, but it's finally together!

          Bob