Re: Another Crosley On the Road!

  • cutworm1959
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2008
      -Great job Bob!
      I have been watching your site for months. I really like the way you
      write. I have learned alot from you. Thanks!

      Steve Rains

      -- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Posti@... wrote:

      > After a little more than a year, and coming within a gnat's eyebrow
      of
      > selling the beast, my 1951 Crosley CD Super wagon is on the road!
      I have pictures

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
        Bob,
        Got a chance to look at your site.  I too have Crosleys and Jeepsters!  Your documentation of the restoration makes for interesting reading.  The low idle problem maybe as simply as a slight adjustment.  Its hard to tell but I beleive your car should have a carter rather than tillitson carb (tillies were for the earlier cars).  Good Luck....GREAT Job!

        www.kirks-auto.com

      • Richard Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
          I changed my 48 Sta. Wgn. over to a Carter carb. and like it much better. How ever it wasn't too cheap.
          Rich

        • Posti@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
            Hiya!

            thanks for the note - I was told the Tillotson was correct on mine - had a Carter on it, though.  Oh well.  It needs some tinkering still on adjustments, but it's finally together!

            Bob