Another Crosley On the Road!

  • Posti@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 18, 2008
      After a little more than a year, and coming within a gnat's eyebrow of selling the beast, my 1951 Crosley CD Super wagon is on the road!  I have pictures and a movie of the engine running at: http://www.caroholic.com/51_Crosley.htm.

      Just in time for our big show here on Saturday!

      Bob Stein
      Norfolk, VA

    • cutworm1959
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2008
        -Great job Bob!
        I have been watching your site for months. I really like the way you
        write. I have learned alot from you. Thanks!

        Steve Rains

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
          Bob,
          Got a chance to look at your site.  I too have Crosleys and Jeepsters!  Your documentation of the restoration makes for interesting reading.  The low idle problem maybe as simply as a slight adjustment.  Its hard to tell but I beleive your car should have a carter rather than tillitson carb (tillies were for the earlier cars).  Good Luck....GREAT Job!

          www.kirks-auto.com

        • Richard Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
            I changed my 48 Sta. Wgn. over to a Carter carb. and like it much better. How ever it wasn't too cheap.
            Rich

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 19, 2008
              Hiya!

              thanks for the note - I was told the Tillotson was correct on mine - had a Carter on it, though.  Oh well.  It needs some tinkering still on adjustments, but it's finally together!

              Bob