Re:Braggin Wagon

  • cutworm1959
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
      I have a service letter from Crosley 9-16-
      1948: Ash ReceverFits easily
      onto a built in radio speaker grill in instrument panel.Does not
      interfere with operation of radio. Prevents tobacco ashesfrom
      littering interior of car, lessens danger from smoldering stubs. Kit
      includes all necessary attachments for mounting. $1.25 Kit no.
      207988 I will get some pics as soon as it stops
      raining.......October? Your bud, Steve Rains
      I still have a flame thrower system I made from a Model T Mag.But
      Instead of the Ka-Boom I would get five foot blue flames out the back
      of my 63 Fairlane sports coupe. Kinda dicey because the gas cap was
      back there also.

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

      > The dust covers are rare indeed.  Good used ones sold at Wauseon
      for $40 each...a REAL bargain that I only learned of after the fact.
      While I don't "see" the ash catch, if it is round with a sliding top
      it is a common after market item of the era.  My 1950 MG TD came so
      equipped and I think one of my 1950 Jeepsters had the same.  There
      are all manner of after market items which found there way upon these
      cars.  Some of my favorites are sun visors, head lite visors, wind
      deflectors attached to wind wings to inwardly deflect the passing
      air, static strips, applied "white walls", real and dummy spot lights
      and of course the home made addenda of a spark plug in the tail
      pipe.  Those who did so would shut off the ignition to load the
      exhaust with gas fumes and on a separate circuit power up the spark
      plug....KahBOOOM...a real attention grabber!  I got my "treat" in
      Georgia 15 or so years ago.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
        That IS interesting as I have never seen a Crosley with a factory cigar lighter.  I would almost guess the ash catch had a magnet on the back or awfully tiny hooks.

        www.kirks-auto.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
          "cutworm1959" wrote:

          "I have a service letter