Re:Braggin Wagon

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
      The dust covers are rare indeed.  Good used ones sold at Wauseon for $40 each...a REAL bargain that I only learned of after the fact.  While I don't "see" the ash catch, if it is round with a sliding top it is a common after market item of the era.  My 1950 MG TD came so equipped and I think one of my 1950 Jeepsters had the same.  There are all manner of after market items which found there way upon these cars.  Some of my favorites are sun visors, head lite visors, wind deflectors attached to wind wings to inwardly deflect the passing air, static strips, applied "white walls", real and dummy spot lights and of course the home made addenda of a spark plug in the tail pipe.  Those who did so would shut off the ignition to load the exhaust with gas fumes and on a separate circuit power up the spark plug....KahBOOOM...a real attention grabber!  I got my "treat" in Georgia 15 or so years ago.

      www.kirks-auto.com

    • cutworm1959
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
        I have a service letter from Crosley 9-16-
        1948: Ash ReceverFits easily
        onto a built in radio speaker grill in instrument panel.Does not
        interfere with operation of radio. Prevents tobacco ashesfrom
        littering interior of car, lessens danger from smoldering stubs. Kit
        includes all necessary attachments for mounting. $1.25 Kit no.
        207988 I will get some pics as soon as it stops
        raining.......October? Your bud, Steve Rains
        I still have a flame thrower system I made from a Model T Mag.But
        Instead of the Ka-Boom I would get five foot blue flames out the back
        of my 63 Fairlane sports coupe. Kinda dicey because the gas cap was
        back there also.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
          That IS interesting as I have never seen a Crosley with a factory cigar lighter.  I would almost guess the ash catch had a magnet on the back or awfully tiny hooks.

          www.kirks-auto.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2008
            "cutworm1959" wrote:

            "I have a service letter