Disc brakes.

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 25 10:18 AM
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "cutworm1959" wrote:
      "Lou, I have been working on cable brakes for years in Golf carts and
      trucksters and found them reliable. My sedan will have new cables and
      linings from Butch also. What I do not know is anything about the
      disc system my 50 wagon has. How good is it and how hard will it be
      restoring them?

      > Steve Rains
      Hi, Steve. The disc brakes are good but there have been problems over
      the decades with moisture and road salt. I don't think that's a concern
      if you park with warmed-up brakes and if you avoid driving on early-
      spring roads where some salt residue may still be present. Also I heard
      a long-ago mechanic tell me that he wintessed a case where a rotor disc
      bent under hydraulic pressure. (I think that driver probably stood on
      the pedal.) Service Motors will rebuild your disc brakes, although at
      the moment I understand that Butch is a bit backlogged. Keep us
      posted ...