crosley info

  • vreeves457
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 15, 2008
      A friend of mine has a 1950 crosley wagom with a lot of parts for sale.
      Can somewone givew me an idea of it's worth. It is in bad shape. Any
      ideas would help. Thanks
    • cutworm1959
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 15, 2008
        I would recommend that if you want it get it. Plan on spending a few
        thousand just getting a rough car ready FOR restoration. A finished car
        will always be the cheaper one to buy. Oh and...start drinking heavily!
        Steve Rains

        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "vreeves457" <vreeves457@...> wrote:

        > A friend of mine has a 1950 crosley wagom with a lot of parts for
        sale.
        > Can somewone givew me an idea of it's worth. It is in bad shape. Any
        > ideas would help. Thanks

      • virgil
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
          Thanks but I dont drink. No I am not interested we were trying to come up with a fair price for it. Junk is 260.00 a ton here so that is one altertenave.The other is part it out. Thanks.
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
            Are you helping him sell or trying to buy?  Where is it located?

            www.kirks-auto.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16, 2008
              Folks,
              I have a one time only offer to upgrade your 4cyl Crosley to an HEI system.  Electronic ignition allows for easier starts, smoother running, even better economy and constant dwell.  These units are made by PerTronix and are called Ignitor systems.  They replace forever the condensor, points, and points plate (new included).
              In order to re establish myself with this company I have a minimum buy in.  In the case of Crosley with IGW distributors (99.9%) your cost is $68.50.  That is about $20-30 cheaper than anywhere else I know selling these.
              These are designed for 6 volt positive or negative ground systems.  12v are available at $5 less.
              I am also offering the factory recommended coil for this unit at $36.
              Also Optima 6v 850 amp battery which until mid September qualifies for $25 factory rebate.
              These carry a free replacement for 3 years and another 3 years of prorated warrenty.
              If you 6v battery is shot in 2 years like mine it starts to become a good deal at this price.
              of $135.
              If interested contact ASAP OFF LINE and direct, as I am placeing a one time stocking order for these items.
              I can also offer tremendous savings on any of the PerTronix ignition items for other of your vehicles either classic or simply old (as in having a points system).
              www.kirks-auto.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 18, 2008
                <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

                "Are you helping him
                sell or trying to buy?
                Where is it located?"

                > Regards,
                > Robert Kirk
                =========================
                The offer was to help
                him identify what parts
                and/or car(s) he was
                trying to sell, as I
                believe he doesn't know
                quite what he has. The
                best way to do that is
                to post car/parts photos
                into our archives, but
                that process confuses
                some folks. If that's a
                problem I can easily
                accept any Crosley-
                related photos here at
                X779@... and post
                them myself as I've done
                for several years.
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 18, 2008
                  virgil <vreeves457@...>
                  wrote:

                  "Thanks but I dont
                  drink. No I am not
                  interested we were
                  trying to come up with
                  a fair price for it.
                  Junk is 260.00 a ton
                  here so that is one
                  altertenave.The other
                  is part it out. Thanks."
                  ========================
                  I don't understand your
                  answers, and sarcasm
                  isn't welcomed here.

                  You said you want to
                  sell a Crosley wagon
                  and parts. I'm the
                  moderator and offered
                  to help you do that.

                  Would you agree that
                  potential buyers would
                  like to know what's
                  being offered and that
                  photos are the best way
                  to do that?

                  You obviously don't
                  care about
                  preservation. We here,
                  however, are Crosley
                  people and we try to
                  *prevent* car and parts
                  from being scrapped.

                  The offer to help keep
                  that car and those
                  parts - whatever they
                  are - away from the
                  crusher is still good.
                  Kindly co-operate in a
                  professional manner,
                  and you may realize
                  much more cash than the
                  scrapper will allow
                  you. All we all want is
                  to save those Crosley
                  items from being lost
                  forever. Thanks.

                  Lou Rugani
                  Moderator, CCOC
                • Moore, Derick
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 18, 2008
                    No sarcasm!

                    You're no fun!

                    Derick Moore suggests, lighten up!

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 20, 2008
                      I drink ... is someone ...anyone buying?
                    • Richard Williams
                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 20, 2008
                        Huh?

                        I drink ... is someone ...anyone buying?