RE: Gas price survey

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
      Recent history shows that gas prices have fluctuated wildly. During Hurricane Katrina they reached nearly $4.00 per gallon in Chicago, and then dropped to $2.13. Currently - today, at least - they are back near $3.75.

      Crosleys were highly popular during the WWII rationing process when an 'A' sticker allowed a person twelve gallons per week. One Crosley ad (we have it in our Photo archives) even prominently featured an 'A' sticker with its obvious implications as they applied to Crosleys. And then when auto production ended in early 1942, used Crosleys - which sold new in the $300 range - were going for nearly $900, or even higher.

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony