Re: Gas price survey

  • dcharlesnichols
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2008
      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone think that gasoline will ever by less than $3 a gallon in
      the US?

      > Regards,
      > Robert Kirk
      > www.kirks-auto.com

      No, Robert, I don't think so. They, the Major Oil Companies,
      speculators and the World's Oil rich nations have tested the waters,
      excuse me, petroleum and have concluded that we are in a serious bind
      and will pay what is necessary to have our individual transportation.
      OK, myself included.
      We have been discussing reduction in demand and the development of
      alternative fuels for many years and haven't had much success. Some of
      the obstacles are the physical and chemical properties of the materials
      we are trying to use in the advancement of the process. Batteries, at
      least to date, have their amp hour limitations. So called water
      injection products have been talked about since I was a kid in Popular
      Mechanics magazine but I have never seen a working, successful
      demonstration.
      It seems that the concentration should be made on fuel cells that burn
      hydrogen. The present process is very expensive but then, so is five
      dollar a liter gasoline.
      Just some idle thoughts.
      Regards, DCN

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2008
        Recent history shows that gas prices have fluctuated wildly. During Hurricane Katrina they reached nearly $4.00 per gallon in Chicago, and then dropped to $2.13. Currently - today, at least - they are back near $3.75.

        Crosleys were highly popular during the WWII rationing process when an 'A' sticker allowed a person twelve gallons per week. One Crosley ad (we have it in our Photo archives) even prominently featured an 'A' sticker with its obvious implications as they applied to Crosleys. And then when auto production ended in early 1942, used Crosleys - which sold new in the $300 range - were going for nearly $900, or even higher.

        =Lou=

        The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony