Re: =CROSLEY= Sliding-window hardware.

  • berard_m@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008

      I've never seen a window lock, was thinking of using a standard glass case lock on my 48 PU. Were they an option?........pete
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        No, These slider locks were on all of the slider windows. They were a thinner metal and rusted out very fast. The best I know of them is that they had a flip lock, some what like on a house door lock but smaller. If I could find one intact I may be able to make them from Stainless Steel as are some of the window handles for the sliders. Service Motors, Butch said he may make some but haven't heard any more from them.

        I've never seen a window lock, was thinking of using a standard glass case lock on my 48 PU. Were they an option?..... ...pete
        Steve, I'd recommend Service Motors for those parts; the CCOC has a longstanding relationship with Service Motors going back to the mid-1950s.
        http://www.tdconnec tion.com/ crosley/ There are several other qualified Crosley general suppliers as well, including Dave Edwards in Mansfield, Ohio and Yankee Crosley Parts, plus limited specialty suppliers including Mr, Neil Daglow and others.
        =Lou=

        The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.       Robert Anthony