eBay: Overland Amusements CD Hook & Ladder Fire Truck in Columbiana, Ohio.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      Verbatim Vehicle Description:

      I am selling this on behalf of a relative. Due to health reasons, he is forced to sell his 1952 Crosley Hook & Ladder Kiddie Ride Firetruck from Idora Park, also from Cascade Park.  It was originally at Idora Park in Youngstown, Ohio, from 1952 until approx. 1962.  It was then sold to Cascade Park in New Castle, Pa., where it was in service until they closed approx. 1972.  After that it was in private collections until he purchased it in 1999. He believes he was the first to license it and drive it on the road.  It currently has historical Ohio Plates.  He drove it in parades and to a few car cruises.  There is a 30 ft. dual wheeled wooden deck trailer that will go with the Crosley.  Although it was repainted, it is mostly in original condition.  Lights and siren are in working condition and are 6 volt.  Air horn added is 12 volt and requires a 12 volt battery.

      Comments from appraiser:

      Engine/Engine Compartment:   Clean & painted, under hood painted black, cloth covered wiring shows age.  Driver quality shows normal dust and very light dirt on components.

      Chassis:  Original condition shows dirt, grease, and oil, most pieces painted black. Does show some light surface rust on suspension components.

      Interior:  Floor pans are pitted and have been possibly repaired at some time.  Steering wheel cracked and shows wear from age.  Chrome is flaking on door handles and windowcranks.

      Exterior:  Repainted at least one time.  Paint shows cracking & chips and is starting to dull out.  Vinyl graphics in gold leaf with black shadow background.  Diamond plate over rear frame.  Original wheels, original hub caps, wooden sides and seats on trailer. Paint is flaking on back seats, lenses show some cracking on turn signals.  Bumpers painted silver, grill is in good condition with some scratches.  Rubber on floor boards of trailer.  New window seals.  Presentable but shows wear.

      This Crosley Hook & Ladder Fire Truck was manufactured by Overland Amusement Company.  It was once part of the historic Idora Park in Youngstown, Ohio.  The fire truck was used to transport people in Kiddie Land.  It is very unique and generates alot of enthusiasm anywhere the owner takes it.  It's primary function now is parades and car shows.  Overall condition grade: 3.

    • BOB WRIGHT
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2008
        Wow. Only 5 Miles from my house...Bob