      Appreciate your experience and expertise.
      Kenn

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

        ken, this is true.  I have blasted a mess out of derelict
      blocks, but I am responding to the Crosley Cat who had
      a sudden attach of overheating.
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:41 PM
      Subject: Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Running hot

      If this is an engine that has been sitting a long time, the water jacket of the block could also be full of rust and other crud. The radiator could be blocked with crud. The timing could be off, too.
      Crosley's offer you many choices.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 19, 2013, at 6:38 AM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

      Insure the water pump is turning, i.e. belt properly tensioned and the rubber coupling behind the generator in good shape.

      I'd check the thermostat first.
      Remove and place it in water. Using a thermometer, gradually increase the temp on the stove till ya reach the temp stamped on the stat. It should open fully by the time it reaches that temp,  Usually around 160 or so degrees on Crosley stats.
        If this is a sudden change, I doubt the radiator is at fault...................p