      Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:23 PM
      Subject: Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Running hot

      Thanks for the advice, Peter.  I don't really know if it's a sudden change. I've only had the car about two months and this is definitely the warmest day that I've driven. Previously it would go up to about three fourths of the way on the scale but yesterday it just kept on climbing.  When I run it with the rad cap removed, I can see good circulations, and don't see any bubbles.  But, I'm going to see if I can get my mechanic friend to use his co2 sniffer on it to eliminate that horrible possibility.  Then, of course the thermostat, then I'm debating between an overthecounter radiator/engine flush or removing the rad and having it boiled???

      Via iPad

      On May 19, 2013, at 6:38 AM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

      Insure the water pump is turning, i.e. belt properly tensioned and the rubber coupling behind the generator in good shape.

      I'd check the thermostat first.
      Remove and place it in water. Using a thermometer, gradually increase the temp on the stove till ya reach the temp stamped on the stat. It should open fully by the time it reaches that temp,  Usually around 160 or so degrees on Crosley stats.
        If this is a sudden change, I doubt the radiator is at fault...................p