3559Re: =CROSLEY CAR OWNERS CLUB= Running hot

  • Steve Carroll
    May 19, 2013
      Hi Kenneth,
      The engine did sit for a while in the 60s- 70s, but for the past 15 years or so it has been driven some.  Not a lot or for and distance.  I'm sure I've put more miles on it the last 2 months than its seen in the lat 10 years.

      I haven't checked the timing, but the previous owner said he had.  It starts and runs great.  I suppose I should check it.

      Via iPad

      On May 19, 2013, at 3:41 PM, Kenneth Cahill <kcahill@...> wrote:

      If this is an engine that has been sitting a long time, the water jacket of the block could also be full of rust and other crud. The radiator could be blocked with crud. The timing could be off, too.
      Crosley's offer you many choices.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 19, 2013, at 6:38 AM, "Peter Berard" <berard_m@...> wrote:

      Insure the water pump is turning, i.e. belt properly tensioned and the rubber coupling behind the generator in good shape.
      I'd check the thermostat first.
      Remove and place it in water. Using a thermometer, gradually increase the temp on the stove till ya reach the temp stamped on the stat. It should open fully by the time it reaches that temp,  Usually around 160 or so degrees on Crosley stats.
        If this is a sudden change, I doubt the radiator is at fault...................p