Re: [CriticalChain] Re: Advantages of Critical Chain over normal scheduling?

  • Clarke Ching
    Message 1 of 47 , Feb 6, 2008
      Hey Kurt,

      Jim was referring to upcoming Critical Chain webinars which will be
      given live by Goldratt.

      You can find out more by going here:
      http://toc-goldratt.com/index.php?cont=542&partner=GWSRESELLER67

      (Note: I feel a bit awkward posting the link here. The goldratt group
      rather cleverly sells through a group of resellers and pays them
      commission. That's what the gwsreseller67 thingy means on the end of
      the link - I'm a reseller and I'll receive a small(ish) commission if
      you buy after following that link. If you do happen to want to
      purchase then I'd suggest you contact your local TOC consultant and
      ask them for a link.)

      --
      Clarke Ching
      www.clarkeching.com
      Message 47 of 47 , Feb 8, 2008
        >: When applying resource leveling to a CPM,
        >: the goal is to minimize the overall duration
        >: of the project given the task estimates and
        >: resource assignments.

        That sounds like an inappropriate objective-function, to me.

        The revenue-rate of a product-development business is at least linearly
        proportional to the rate at which the projects of the business are
        completed. If we minimize the duration of every project, when resources are
        shared across projects, then we are certain to compromise the rate at which
        projects are completed by the development system.

        Tony Rizzo
        TMx gives you _better_plans_ for your critical-chain models.
        www.pdinstitute.com
        desk: +1 908 264 8520