Re: Digest Number 86

  • riczulian@yahoo.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hi Frank and hi Douglas and thany you for your answers.
      I wish to try to clarify my situation.

      1. My projects are small project (3-6 task each of 8-40 hours).
      If I understand correctly you suggest to use CC and a ToDo list and
      don't break the tasks in smaller tasks. Douglas, what do you mean
      with ""... fast track" label for these mini-projects, which allowed
      them to be managed inside the executive's normal 2-4 week update
      period. ... "?

      2. The customer's involvement: suppose this: I have a 5 days task
      wich has to start with a meeting with the CEO of the customer
      company. I receive the communication that the prior task is finishing
      ( It will take as late two days for finishing). How can I plan the
      meeting without knowing exactly when the prior task will be finished?
      Can I plan a meeting with the CEO with so small warning?

      3. Right now I manage 30 projects for 30 diffeent customers with 25
      peoples and my business partner do the same with the same resources
      pool. Which is the best software for manage this? Can I find
      algorithmus for the CC?

      4. My projects have a follow up of work and they need support (8-16
      hours montly). Do I manage also this tasks with CC?

      Thank you for your patience

      Riccardo
      --- In CriticalChain@y..., Frank Patrick <fpatrick@f...> wrote:
      > At 7:45 PM -0400 9/30/01, Douglas M. Brown wrote:
      > >I meant "only CCPM" (which I interpret as being resource balancing
      > >and project chain buffering)
      > >as opposed to alternative approaches, which I think was at the
      heart
      > >of Riccardo's question.
      >
      > Oh, OK . . . Never mind. We're cool.
      >
      > I interpreted the heart of the question as the "How" in his
      > >How can I manage this (customers as resources) using Critical
      chain?

      > By the way, in my skewed little world, I wouldn't consider the
      other
      > approaches you mentioned, so for me, there is "only" CCPM.
      >
      > ;-)
      > --

      ___
      http://www.focusedperformance.com

      > Focused Performance - Management Consulting & Training
      > 601 Route 206, Suite 26-451, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
      > 908-874-8664 fpatrick@f...
      >
      > An Associate of the AGI Network of TOC Consultants and
      Educators
      > * * * Powerful Solutions Start with the Right Questions * * *

      ___