Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Happy New Year!!!

Expand Messages
  • michael Rowland
    May you roll many natural 20 s in 09. May dragons look kindly upon you. May mind flayers pity your stupidity as they look upon your enemies with hunger. May
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      May you roll many natural 20's in 09.
      May dragons look kindly upon you.
      May mind flayers pity your stupidity as they look upon your enemies with hunger.
      May you avoid caltrops, embrace dyrads, and stumble upon large sums of treasure.
      HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
      Michael
    • Robert Campbell
      i have to agree with michael. Nice job there bro. Happy new years all. ________________________________ From: michael Rowland To:
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        i have to agree with michael. Nice job there bro. Happy new years all.


        From: michael Rowland <michael_in1978@...>
        To: Critical20@yahoogroups.com
        Sent: Thursday, January 1, 2009 3:24:00 PM
        Subject: [Critical20] Happy New Year!!!

        May you roll many natural 20's in 09.
        May dragons look kindly upon you.
        May mind flayers pity your stupidity as they look upon your enemies with hunger.
        May you avoid caltrops, embrace dyrads, and stumble upon large sums of treasure.
        HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!! !!
        Michael


      • John Peter DAmanda
        So if i use create wondrous item to make some of my gear am i deducting full market price from the 16000 or 1/2 price? Same question about items found like
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          So if i use create wondrous item to make some of my gear am i
          deducting full market price from the 16000 or 1/2 price?
          Same question about items found like non-magic plate armor and shield
          which was an item found in treasure...half or full?
          -John
          --- In Critical20@yahoogroups.com, michael Rowland
          <michael_in1978@...> wrote:
          >
          > That's find John, keep ur cows. It has come to my attention that a
          lot of people are now switching charachters? not just peter....
          > suggestion, be good in a fight........
          > Michael
          >
          > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...> wrote:
          >
          > From: John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...>
          > Subject: [Critical20] Re: Michael's game
          > To: Critical20@yahoogroups.com
          > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 6:09 PM
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Ok i will cut back my gear to a mere 16000, but i am putting the
          > balance of 300,000 gp into a stronghold castle and land manned by
          > 30 cleric hirelings and their families. And I have cows too.Many
          cows.
          > -JOhn
          >
          > --- In Critical20@yahoogro ups.com, michael Rowland
          > <michael_in1978@ ...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Every char starts my campaign with 16,000 GP worth of
          stuff/money.
          > that's generous for chars just below 6th level. If you have MORE
          than
          > 16k worth of items, make some hard decisions. If you have less than
          > that.... well BOOM, you got it. The orb i gave the party does not
          > figure into the welth of any charachters.
          > > Any items you wish to create that are non-standard (not NAMED
          > in the book) need to be approved by me, unless it is merely paying
          > more for more charges/uses a day/higher bonus. Items created using
          > table 7-33 of the DM's guide, under the headding 'spell effect',
          may
          > be highly suspect. (i just love giving peter a hard time) Anyway,
          run
          > it by me first. And feats out of non-WOTC might be ok, just run
          them
          > by me.
          > >  
          > > Please be ready to level your charachter up to 6th and 7th level
          on
          > the first night.
          > > Michael
          > >
          > > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, Peter Nunes <gamer@> wrote:
          > >
          > > From: Peter Nunes <gamer@>
          > > Subject: Re: [Critical20] by the way
          > > To: Critical20@yahoogro ups.com
          > > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 5:02 PM
          > >
          > > you were not supposed to tell them about the mouse
          > part.....huh. ..going
          > > to have to buy an item to make him not affected by mice....
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > On Dec 31, 2008, at 4:48 PM, John Peter DAmanda wrote:
          > >
          > > > By the way peter is making a DragonGod player character that can
          > > > control all the dragons of the multiverse as a free action with
          > > > permanent duration. he can change his shape and gain the powers
          > of any
          > > > dragon any size any age and use all of their abilities at once.
          > He can
          > > > breath 6 times per round in 6 different breaths and there is no
          > > > save.He
          > > > has AC1000, 99% miss chance, 10 free rerolls per round, and
          gains
          > > > temporary hit points from sonic, fire, electricity, cold, acid,
          > > > sacred,
          > > > negative energy, force and mental or psionic attacks of all
          > kind. It
          > > > is
          > > > immune to all other attacks from spells. It has sr99. It can
          use
          > all
          > > > weapons and armors and devices and items. It simultaneously
          > wields 4
          > > > artifacts at least 1 in each claw. It is immune to mental,
          fear,
          > and
          > > > mind affecting attacks. It has only one weakness. Its affraid
          of
          > a
          > > > mouse.
          > > >
          > > >
          > >
          > > ____________ _________ _____
          > > Peter Nunes III
          > > Analytical Dreams
          > > (510)-676-2692
          > > http://www.analytic aldreams. com
          > >
          >
        • michael Rowland
          If you CREATE a magic item using the feat, you only pay half gold, and some experience. for the second question, ???? full i guess. Just make sure your char
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 2, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            If you CREATE a magic item using the feat, you only pay half gold, and some experience.
            for the second question, ???? full i guess. Just make sure your char does not have more than 16,000 GP worth of items at full value, unless of course you created some of those items yourself and paid the other half with the correct amt of experience.
            Michael


            --- On Fri, 1/2/09, John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...> wrote:
            From: John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...>
            Subject: [Critical20] Re: Michael's game
            To: Critical20@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Friday, January 2, 2009, 5:41 AM

            So if i use create wondrous item to make some of my gear am i
            deducting full market price from the 16000 or 1/2 price?
            Same question about items found like non-magic plate armor and shield
            which was an item found in treasure...half or full?
            -John
            --- In Critical20@yahoogro ups.com, michael Rowland
            <michael_in1978@ ...> wrote:
            >
            > That's find John, keep ur cows. It has come to my attention that a
            lot of people are now switching charachters? not just peter....
            > suggestion, be good in a fight....... .
            > Michael
            >
            > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@ ...> wrote:
            >
            > From: John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@ ...>
            > Subject: [Critical20] Re: Michael's game
            > To: Critical20@yahoogro ups.com
            > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 6:09 PM
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > Ok i will cut back my gear to a mere 16000, but i am putting the
            > balance of 300,000 gp into a stronghold castle and land manned by
            > 30 cleric hirelings and their families. And I have cows too.Many
            cows.
            > -JOhn
            >
            > --- In Critical20@yahoogro ups.com, michael Rowland
            > <michael_in1978@ ...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Every char starts my campaign with 16,000 GP worth of
            stuff/money.
            > that's generous for chars just below 6th level. If you have MORE
            than
            > 16k worth of items, make some hard decisions. If you have less than
            > that.... well BOOM, you got it. The orb i gave the party does not
            > figure into the welth of any charachters.
            > > Any items you wish to create that are non-standard (not NAMED
            > in the book) need to be approved by me, unless it is merely paying
            > more for more charges/uses a day/higher bonus. Items created using
            > table 7-33 of the DM's guide, under the headding 'spell effect',
            may
            > be highly suspect. (i just love giving peter a hard time) Anyway,
            run
            > it by me first. And feats out of non-WOTC might be ok, just run
            them
            > by me.
            > >  
            > > Please be ready to level your charachter up to 6th and 7th level
            on
            > the first night.
            > > Michael
            > >
            > > --- On Wed, 12/31/08, Peter Nunes <gamer@> wrote:
            > >
            > > From: Peter Nunes <gamer@>
            > > Subject: Re: [Critical20] by the way
            > > To: Critical20@yahoogro ups.com
            > > Date: Wednesday, December 31, 2008, 5:02 PM
            > >
            > > you were not supposed to tell them about the mouse
            > part.....huh. ..going
            > > to have to buy an item to make him not affected by mice....
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > On Dec 31, 2008, at 4:48 PM, John Peter DAmanda wrote:
            > >
            > > > By the way peter is making a DragonGod player character that can
            > > > control all the dragons of the multiverse as a free action with
            > > > permanent duration. he can change his shape and gain the powers
            > of any
            > > > dragon any size any age and use all of their abilities at once.
            > He can
            > > > breath 6 times per round in 6 different breaths and there is no
            > > > save.He
            > > > has AC1000, 99% miss chance, 10 free rerolls per round, and
            gains
            > > > temporary hit points from sonic, fire, electricity, cold, acid,
            > > > sacred,
            > > > negative energy, force and mental or psionic attacks of all
            > kind. It
            > > > is
            > > > immune to all other attacks from spells. It has sr99. It can
            use
            > all
            > > > weapons and armors and devices and items. It simultaneously
            > wields 4
            > > > artifacts at least 1 in each claw. It is immune to mental,
            fear,
            > and
            > > > mind affecting attacks. It has only one weakness. Its affraid
            of
            > a
            > > > mouse.
            > > >
            > > >
            > >
            > > ____________ _________ _____
            > > Peter Nunes III
            > > Analytical Dreams
            > > (510)-676-2692
            > > http://www.analytic aldreams. com
            > >
            >

          • John Peter DAmanda
            Happy New Year to all: So, Mike, I haven t settled yet on what character i will play in your campaign but its downto 2 choices. A heavy tank or a cleric. RE
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              Happy New Year to all:

              So, Mike,

              I haven't settled yet on what character i will play in your campaign
              but its downto 2 choices. A heavy tank or a cleric.
              RE the cleric, I decided to buy far less gear than the amount in
              permanent items and to do expendables like scrolls and such 1 time use
              items for the rest. That way there is no way for it to be too powerful
              for your campaign. I won't even get to use more than 7 or so scrolls in
              one night and nothing is over 3rd level spells. Its more a flexibility
              issue with me. Same with wands. I have never used up a wand in d&d in
              my life except when I had one with only 3 charges left. My weapon is
              only +1 and nothing special. My shield and armor is non magic iron.
              The ring of init. is just because I like it. Since I use SIGN spell
              every time before I roll my initiative anyway. It gives +4 on
              initiative roll.
              I will probably do summon monster alot.
              One question. Can I customize the list for sum mon 1,2 and 3?
              The cr will stay the same for the base creature that I summon a lawful
              good celestial version of. For instance, instead of a Celestial Bison
              can I summon a Celestial Leopard or Cheetah. They are the same cr and
              it has a lot less hp, and damage. It seems that any vermin, animal,
              race of cr2 with the celestial template added should be able to be
              summoned by summon monster 3. Similar to the PH2's expanded animal
              companion chart. What do you think? Whatever I summon will be pre
              written up before I do to facilitate fast play.




              --- In Critical20@yahoogroups.com, "John Peter DAmanda" <psybertr
            • michael Rowland
              Don t worry about being TOO powerfull within my guidelines. My battles will be tough, the monsters will be smart (generally), going after one person, not
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
              • 0 Attachment
                Don't worry about being TOO powerfull within my guidelines. My battles will be tough, the monsters will be smart (generally), going after one person, not dividing up attacks between 3 people... etc.
                As far as the summoning monster thing goes, i've wanted to do that myself. I'd say i'd generally allow it IF the CR AND hit dice are not above the listed creature, and the replacement creature is same type/template, but i'd reserve the right to say no in specific instances if i felt the replacement creature was more powerfull/versitle.
                Michael

                --- On Sun, 1/4/09, John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...> wrote:
                From: John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...>
                Subject: [Critical20] Re: Michael's game
                To: Critical20@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 1:46 AM

                Happy New Year to all:

                So, Mike,

                I haven't settled yet on what character i will play in your campaign
                but its downto 2 choices. A heavy tank or a cleric.
                RE the cleric, I decided to buy far less gear than the amount in
                permanent items and to do expendables like scrolls and such 1 time use
                items for the rest. That way there is no way for it to be too powerful
                for your campaign. I won't even get to use more than 7 or so scrolls in
                one night and nothing is over 3rd level spells. Its more a flexibility
                issue with me. Same with wands. I have never used up a wand in d&d in
                my life except when I had one with only 3 charges left. My weapon is
                only +1 and nothing special. My shield and armor is non magic iron.
                The ring of init. is just because I like it. Since I use SIGN spell
                every time before I roll my initiative anyway. It gives +4 on
                initiative roll.
                I will probably do summon monster alot.
                One question. Can I customize the list for sum mon 1,2 and 3?
                The cr will stay the same for the base creature that I summon a lawful
                good celestial version of. For instance, instead of a Celestial Bison
                can I summon a Celestial Leopard or Cheetah. They are the same cr and
                it has a lot less hp, and damage. It seems that any vermin, animal,
                race of cr2 with the celestial template added should be able to be
                summoned by summon monster 3. Similar to the PH2's expanded animal
                companion chart. What do you think? Whatever I summon will be pre
                written up before I do to facilitate fast play.

                --- In Critical20@yahoogro ups.com, "John Peter DAmanda" <psybertr

              • John Peter DAmanda
                the way it works if the base animal is less versatile or gets less attacks it has 5hd like a bison but if it has more attacks or special stuff it usually has
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 4, 2009
                • 0 Attachment
                  the way it works if the base animal is less versatile or gets less
                  attacks it has 5hd like a bison but if it has more attacks or special
                  stuff it usually has 1,2, or 3 hd

                  --- In Critical20@yahoogroups.com, michael Rowland
                  <michael_in1978@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > Don't worry about being TOO powerfull within my guidelines. My
                  battles will be tough, the monsters will be smart (generally), going
                  after one person, not dividing up attacks between 3 people... etc.
                  > As far as the summoning monster thing goes, i've wanted to do that
                  myself. I'd say i'd generally allow it IF the CR AND hit dice are not
                  above the listed creature, and the replacement creature is same
                  type/template, but i'd reserve the right to say no in specific
                  instances if i felt the replacement creature was more
                  powerfull/versitle.
                  > Michael
                  >
                  > --- On Sun, 1/4/09, John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > From: John Peter DAmanda <psybertrack@...>
                  > Subject: [Critical20] Re: Michael's game
                  > To: Critical20@yahoogroups.com
                  > Date: Sunday, January 4, 2009, 1:46 AM
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Happy New Year to all:
                  >
                  > So, Mike,
                  >
                  > I haven't settled yet on what character i will play in your
                  campaign
                  > but its downto 2 choices. A heavy tank or a cleric.
                  > RE the cleric, I decided to buy far less gear than the amount in
                  > permanent items and to do expendables like scrolls and such 1 time
                  use
                  > items for the rest. That way there is no way for it to be too
                  powerful
                  > for your campaign. I won't even get to use more than 7 or so
                  scrolls in
                  > one night and nothing is over 3rd level spells. Its more a
                  flexibility
                  > issue with me. Same with wands. I have never used up a wand in d&d
                  in
                  > my life except when I had one with only 3 charges left. My weapon
                  is
                  > only +1 and nothing special. My shield and armor is non magic iron.
                  > The ring of init. is just because I like it. Since I use SIGN spell
                  > every time before I roll my initiative anyway. It gives +4 on
                  > initiative roll.
                  > I will probably do summon monster alot.
                  > One question. Can I customize the list for sum mon 1,2 and 3?
                  > The cr will stay the same for the base creature that I summon a
                  lawful
                  > good celestial version of. For instance, instead of a Celestial
                  Bison
                  > can I summon a Celestial Leopard or Cheetah. They are the same cr
                  and
                  > it has a lot less hp, and damage. It seems that any vermin, animal,
                  > race of cr2 with the celestial template added should be able to be
                  > summoned by summon monster 3. Similar to the PH2's expanded animal
                  > companion chart. What do you think? Whatever I summon will be pre
                  > written up before I do to facilitate fast play.
                  >
                  > --- In Critical20@yahoogro ups.com, "John Peter DAmanda" <psybertr
                  >
                Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.