fuel tank

  • Milan Kamenz
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2001
      Hi everybody ,
      my name is Milan Kamenz. I'm a student of aeronatics in Braunschweig
      (Germany). Last year I decided to built the CriCri. After receiving the
      drawings from Michel Colomban I began to look for the material. So I
      came in contact with some german CriCri-enthusiasts. From one of them I
      got an original fueltank (it was damaged). So I had the chance to make
      moulds of it. Some days ago I've finished the first one. It is made with

      an epoxy resin and glass-fiber weave. The manufacturer (of resin)
      assured me that this resin is successful used for fueltanks at
      motorracing (fuel resistent). But their is no recognized certificate.
      The weight of the fueltank is about 1000 gramme. The pressure test (0.25

      bar; FAR 23) was successful - the deformation is small and there is no
      leak.
      If anybody is interested to get such a fueltank please contact me.

      Yours sincerely Milan Kamenz

      Milan Kamenz
      Peiner Strasse 149
      38112 Braunschweig (Germany)