TO: Cri Cri builders

  • phalsmer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hello all,

      I just received my set of Cri Cri plans and builder's manual. I'm
      looking forward to the hours of building ahead of me. I have a few
      questions about how builders are using modern materials:

      1. After doing some reading and looking around at different epoxies
      and foam available, are most the original materials available?
      Klegecell, Araldite, Celomer, etc...

      2. What kind of engine options are being used? I noticed Hirth makes
      a very neat 15 hp motor (F36)

      Any information would be great!

      happy landings,
      Philip Halsmer
      Lafayette, Indiana
    • jhark312@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
        Phil,

        Where did you get your plans?

        Sent via BlackBerry from SunCom Wireless

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
          Hi Phil, the F36 seems a bit heavy at 28 lbs. for only 15hp and it's a single cylinder.  I don't know if the 3W is the ideal engine, but it's a twin (less vibration!) and mine spec out to around 16hp at 8 1/2 lbs.  I've got the 150i versions on my project; a fellow in NZ is using 240i2Bs, I think those are around 22hp and 15 lbs.  There are several other possibilities as well, including jets.  Good luck!  George

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
            There's a fellow selling digitized plans on ebay. A trip to Kinko's and I'm set up with plans...although pretty costly. The resolution is good enough to build from except for one single page...page 102. There is a light area running vertically. I think a photo of the page would be sufficient to build from.  I'll be seeing what I can do.

            George, who makes the '3W' engine? Sorry I didn't follow you with the '150i version...thanks for the info. It gives me an idea of the engine weights. The 28 lbs includes the belt reduction...I wonder how much it weighs...

            Phil

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
              In <804780.10561.qm@...>, on 07/03/08
              at 12:12 PM, philip Halsmer <phalsmer@...> said:

              >There's a fellow selling digitized plans on ebay. A trip to Kinko's and
              >I'm set up with plans...although pretty costly. The resolution is good
              >enough to build from except for one single page...page 102. There is a
              >light area running vertically. I think a photo of the page would be
              >sufficient to build from. I'll be seeing what I can do.
              >happy landings,
              >Philip Halsmer
              >Lafayette, Indiana

              Sounds interesting!
              Who is the source on eBay?

              thanks
              W David Doiron <DDoiron(at)cox(dot)net>
            • philip Halsmer
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
                Before I tell you the source, I've just heard word that these are pirated plans from and unsuspecting builder. I can't recommend these currently because of their legality.

                Philip

                >There's a fellow selling digitized plans on ebay. A trip to Kinko's and
                >I'm set up with plans...although pretty costly. The resolution is good
                >enough to build from except for one single page...page 102. There is a
                >light area running vertically. I think a photo of the page would be
                >sufficient to build from. I'll be seeing what I can do.
                >happy landings,
                >Philip Halsmer
                >Lafayette, Indiana

                Sounds interesting!
                Who is the source on eBay?

                thanks
                W David Doiron <DDoiron(at) cox(dot)net>

              • Jacques
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
                  Most likely comming from Jack " Webcave" on Ebay Motor

                  J.