Ebay Cd with gray spots!

  • anonymous051
    Message 1 of 7 , May 5 6:30 PM
      I got the CD with the so called plans from the net. The quality is
      poor but it's the real thing... I posted a print screen in the picture
      section for the one's that are still thinking about building using bad
      quality scans!

      As anyone even built a plane using these?

      Thanks
    • JP

        Message 3 of 7 , May 7 12:36 AM
          My opinion is that buying a CD (a pirate copy of the plans?) would be a way to gather more information about the aeroplane but never anything to ever consider using as the build documentation.

          If you want to build the aircraft give the designer the credit by buying a set of the real plans!

          / Bjorn R

        • alldoyle@att.net

            Message 5 of 7 , May 7 5:07 AM
              By posting him at his home address if I'm not wrong? I think it's in some of the documentation in the files section.

              -------------- Original message from "Björn Ringholm" <bringho@...>: --------------

              --
              This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify us immediately. The recipient is responsible for reviewing the status of the transferred information and should advise us immediately upon receipt of any discrepancy.
            • anonymous051
              Message 6 of 7 , May 7 7:03 AM
                My question was : As anyone even built with Ebay plans or other
                sources independent of Mr.Colomban?

                Bedsides me !

                I appreciate the comments but with all due respect, reed this.

                It is well documented and from my own experience, Michel will not sell
                plans to N.America or even give a serial to someone who as purchase
                secondhand original plans and require a serial of their own. why
                bother then?

                As for the Ebay plans the trend seems that they are good for
                documentation purposes but useless for building. I have yet to find
                any facts that would support this theory besides the injustice to
                Mr.Colomban.

                I acquired the CD and from my professional experience, even tho it's
                full of grey spots! , I know I can build it with what I have received.
                I also know it's not correct to do so but what I am supposed to do
                dwell at the pictures, reed the posts and wait until I am 50? Going
                through the Plan I have acquired a lot of respect for Mr.Colomban
                which is 74 now! Compared to the Hummel Bird for example these plan
                are 10 times more detailed. The answer I received from my fellow
                builders is that it's over engineered =]. True when you are building a
                Hummel bird. Priceless if you want a CriCri...

                YES I know it's possible to get the plans through a 3rd party in
                Europe and, get them shipped here and mail the transfer information to
                Michel. But I don't know anyone in Europe trustworthy and willing to
                play duping with a 1000 $. Thing like the laminated landing gear, fuel
                tank .... can not be found and therefore should bring the price down
                since it makes life harder for the builder. I have yet to find ANY
                airplane with a (Plan price/plane weight) ratio as high as the CriCri.
                I dare you!

                I am unsure if this site is more dedicated to the royalty interests of
                mr.Colomban or the help for builders? Victor don't ban me plz. I am
                not broadcasting any copyrighted information, only using it for my
                personal use.

                If this is of any help to the builders that have been let down, just
                know that with the grey spotted plans, and an Aircraft Spruce "free"
                catalogue, you can build a CriCri all in Imperial. There is also a
                gentleman* that will give them (plans) to you free of charge is you
                are willing to draw a few parts on AutoCAD.*

                If you want you can do it. Don't let people discourage you. I will
                have a web page up soon where I will put stuff like Imperial material
                list, new vendor addresses, fiberglass building techniques... All of
                my own making so legal!

                I have decided to build regardless.
                Plz get together and help each other. Out of 1000 members there is
                like 15 owners! Stop reading this and build!( Tu la ferme et tu
                construit maintenant!)

                Regards
                Hope nobody was offended, If so I apologize

                Anonymous

                Message 7 of 7 , May 7 1:24 PM
                  I understand your position.

                  Not totally against it.

                  Would not work here in Sweden though... considering all regulations.

                  No offence taken =)

                  / Björn R