RE: [CriCri] Re: Bonding - Epoxy and Primer

  • Jim Payne
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 16 12:50 PM

      I didn’t find that anywhere in my plans (manuals) or on the Materials List. Hysol is sold by Aircraft Spruce so it must be commonly used. I’ll look into it. Where did you find it in the Manuals?

      Jim

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 16 10:30 PM
        Jim,

        Michel Colomban has updated his Technology Manual such that it is now
        valid for both the MC 100 (Ban-bi) and MC 15 (Cri Cri). It is in
        this updated manual where Hysol is mentioned. If I can find your e-
        mail address, I could send you the relevant chapter, if you like.

        Rob

        --- In CriCri@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Payne" <jim@...> wrote:

        > I didn't find that anywhere in my plans (manuals) or on the
        Materials List.
        > Hysol is sold by Aircraft Spruce so it must be commonly used. I'll
        look into
        > it. Where did you find it in the Manuals?
        >

        > Jim

        On
        > Behalf Of
        > > Wayne/Gill Butt
        > > Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:27 AM
        > > To: CriCri@yahoogroups.com <mailto:CriCri%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > Subject: Re: [CriCri] Re: Bonding - Epoxy and Primer
        > >

        > > Jim,
        > >
        > > I found the Araldite and PAC33 difficult to source. Talking to
        > local airline
        > > technical staff, they supply and use 3M products and I have found
        > them
        > > excellent. Room temp cure and 2 hour working life etc.
        > >
        > > Adhesive 3M Scotch-Weld EC 2216 B/A Gray
        > >
        > > Al prep 3M Scotch-Weld EC 3901 Structural adhesive primer
        > >

        > > You can check out the technical pdf brochures at
        > >
        > > http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?
        > 6666660Zjcf6lVs6EVs666GGfCO
        > > rrrrQ-
        > >
        > > and
        > >
        > > http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?
        > 66666UuZjcFSLXTtnxf2OXz6EVuQEcuZ
        > > gVs6EVs6E666666--
        > >

        > > You can purchase these through any 3M supplier.
        > >
        > > Wayne
        > >
        > > WEB site
        > >
        > > http://www.cricri.zoomshare.com/

      • jaxc45
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17 8:43 AM
          That list would be a good addition to the Files section of this group.