Re: Squish clearance - JPX

  • Ted
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 3, 2008
      ...and the reliability goes downa. Time before Rebuild also goes
      down. Heat goes up. Consider this carefully before attempting. 100cc
      kart engines have reached the peak of performance, but pistons are
      changed every 30 mins. and rod and bearing failures are increasingly
      common. Besides, with low compression, an aerial restart by diving is
      possible, whereas with high compression you'd better find some clear
      grass! :)

      > Just keep in mind as the power on a single cyl eng goes up,
      > so does the vibration...
      >
      > bon chance, David
      > W David Doiron <DDoiron(at)cox(dot)net>

    • Cricri
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2008
        Hi Ted,

        Thanks for the response. I think I will leave things as they are.

        Terry

        ...and the reliability goes downa. Time before Rebuild also goes
        down. Heat goes up. Consider this carefully before attempting. 100cc
        kart engines have reached the peak of performance, but pistons are
        changed every 30 mins. and rod and bearing failures are increasingly
        common. Besides, with low compression, an aerial restart by diving is
        possible, whereas with high compression you'd better find some clear
        grass! :)

        > Just keep in mind as the power on a single cyl eng goes up,
        > so does the vibration...
        >
        > bon chance, David
        > W David Doiron <DDoiron(at) cox(dot)net>

      • aerofoamy
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 17, 2008
          Look into "Singh grooves" I wouldn't rebuild an engine without them,
          there are plenty of pictures on the web, they only take a few minutes
          to cut and they allow higher compression without detonation.
          The burn is more complete and the engine generally runs cooler.
          Do some research to find examples with a quench area similar to your
          engine, then copy it. It's not rocket science and has been proven to
          benefit the engine. I wouldn't raise the compression much though, it
          will effect vibration.

          MM

        • Sir Franfe
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
            Hi there! First of all, accept my apoligizes due to the fact that my english is the worst. My name is Alex, 25, spanish CPL. Building the CRICRI is my dream since I was a child, however, I bet it´s hard to do it. I would like to try my luck with small parts to check my skills before buying the original plans. Does anyone know if there is plans of stabilator on the net? I guess is a good choice to start this aircraft. Cheers mates.
            Tecnología, moda, motor, viajes,…suscríbete a nuestros boletines para estar siempre a la última
            Guapos y guapas, clips musicales y estrenos de cine.
          • Brandon Hebert
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
              Ok I want to make it perfectly clear that some people, in which English is their first language, don't speak as well as you do. Your English is fantastic, a hell of a lot better than my Spanish!

              I think getting plans is about impossible now as the guy is no longer selling them, or so I've heard.

              Hi there! First of all, accept my apoligizes due to the fact that my english is the worst. My name is Alex, 25, spanish CPL. Building the CRICRI is my dream since I was a child, however, I bet it´s hard to do it. I would like to try my luck with small parts to check my skills before buying the original plans. Does anyone know if there is plans of stabilator on the net? I guess is a good choice to start this aircraft. Cheers mates.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:CriCri-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:CriCri-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Lee
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 22, 2008
                The only people who can't get plans are US citizens who include way too many
                trial lawyers waiting to sue the bejesus out of anyone... for anything... for all they have...
                Check the "Group" to find the address of the designer...

                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CriCri/ join
[...]

                  Todo ruedas: información práctica y todo el glamour del mundo del motor. MSN Estilo y Tendencias
                • Brandon Hebert