Re: [CriCri] Re: New person

  • PROPELLERS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 1, 2007
      In a message dated 10/31/2007 6:06:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, romannome1@... writes:

      WOW - Lonnie Prince on a Cri-Cri forum - I feel blessed!! I say this
      because I have a prop from you Sir Prince. I have the carbon fiber p-
      tip for a bd5 I WAS building before a tornado thwacked it a time of
      nine.....

      I still have the undamaged prop - I took it to work with me the other
      day to clean and polish for Ebay and all my coworkers AND managers
      salivated at the sight and feel of it. Oh, I should mention I work in
      a part 135 jet charter operation!!! - Lonnie your work is impeccable
      and if I had absolute liquidity I would hang it on my wall!
      Absolutely stunning craftsmanship!

      And welcome to the Cri-Cri hangout as I also have the plans and hope
      to build soon by way of ebaying all my BD5 paraphanillia.

      Jonathan

      Jonathan,
       Thank you very much for the great compliments. I have always thought Cri-Cri was a neat plane just to have fun in and a plane that always gets attention. My concern has always been the reliability of the powerplants.  When I saw the jet version this again sparked my interest. The problem seems with the jet is the fuel burn rate. The reliability, airspeed and coolness are a plus but the of additional fuel storage is an issue..perhaps saddle tanks incorporated so CG is not altered, but enough additional fuel storage for an hour flight probably will not work well in forward CG regions.

      I talked to a Cri owner and flyer yesterday and he mentioned the 3W model engine or Limbach 275 which sounds to be more reliable and hassle free than the current selection.

      I really do not want to take time to fiddle with another high maintenance airplane like my current Navion so as much as this is a really cool airplane I'm not sure if the powerplant issues will take the fun from the experience of flying the cri.

      Lonnie Prince
      Prince Aircraft Company
      6774 Providence St.
      P.O. Box 2669
      Whitehouse, Ohio 43571

      http://www.princeaircraft.com

      Tel. 419-877-5557
      Fax 419-877-5564

    • David Barabé
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007

        Hi !

        Could you help and tell me how I could stop receiving news from this yahoo group ?

        Thanks

        David

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 4, 2007
          Sure,
          Look at the very bottom and to the right side of each email from the list.
          You will see (in fine print) a link called   unsubscribe
          Click that link.
          Mike

          On Nov 4, 2007, at 9:08 PM, David Barabé wrote:

          Hi !

          Could you help and tell me how I could stop receiving news from this yahoo group ?

          Thanks

          David

        • David Baaraabee
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 21, 2007

            Thanks!

            David

            www.smoouthc36@...

            To: CriCri@yahoogroups.com
            From: rotorwash@...
            Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 21:26:26 -0600
            Subject: Re: [CriCri] New person

            Sure,
            Look at the very bottom and to the right side of each email from the list.
            You will see (in fine print) a link called   unsubscribe
            Click that link.
            Mike

            On Nov 4, 2007, at 9:08 PM, David Barabé wrote:

            Hi !

            Could you help and tell me how I could stop receiving news from this yahoo group ?

            Thanks

            David

            Envoie un sourire, fais rire, amuse-toi! Employez-le maintenant!