Hello.

  • mlinderict@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 1999
      I first learned about the CriCri during the
      late '70s/early '80s in my reading about
      aircraft. Unlike so many of you on the list, I am
      a marketing/advertising type, not an engineer
      (not that that's a bad thing). My familiarity
      with aviation comes from working at an
      advertising agency which had Cessna Aircraft
      Company as a client for a number of years. I had
      access to A LOT of reading material and the
      opportunity to read, review and archive much of
      it (although that is now gone, alas).

      I do have a renewed interest in this wonderful
      aircraft. I have read through the entire archive -
      lots of conversation about foam, some of it beer,
      some of it structural - and am sure I will need
      to read that again if and when I take on a
      project.

      I don't know when I would be able to move ahead
      with a project, or whether I will try to acquire
      a partialy completed or completed-renewable
      aircraft. Probably, I will need to get my license
      current again before anything happens.

      On to my question: I have attempted to download
      various data sets for MS Flight Simulator for the
      CriCri, and am unable to locate a data file which
      is still accessable. Any hints on a file
      location, or could somebody e-mail me an
      attachment with "the right stuff."

      I haven't ever been to EAA/Oskosh. However, the
      CriCri Roundup in 2000 might be an incentive.
      I'll keep looking and reading.

      Thanks for the humor, insight and dedication to
      this wonderful aircraft.

      Mike Linder

      MLinderICT@... (Trusting soul, aren't I)
    • k_john_lamphere@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
        Hello to all on this site. My name is John. I just joined this
        yahoo club, and am currently in the construction phase of my CRI-
        CRI. I estimate that I am about seventy-five percent completed as I
        purchased the project from a previous bulder about two months ago.
        So, still have lot's to do, but make a little progress every day.
        Looking forward to conversing with all fans of the CRI-CRI.
        Take Care everyone.

        P.S., Is anyone flying already? I would love some feedback on the
        flight characteristics.
      • Terry Akerman
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
          Hi John,

          Welcome to the group.  Where are you building?

          Best regards

          Terry Akerman

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
            >I purchased the project from a previous bulder about
            > two months ago.

            John, do you live in the USA? If so, did you buy your
            kit from Skip Stegmann?

            I am not in the process of building one but I am
            looking for one to buy that is completed here in the
            USA. It's just hard to find anyone that will part with
            a finished one.

            Danny Creech

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • norman wood
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 2, 2001
              Danny: There was a nearly complete a/c for sale in
              the Los Angeles area a couple of months ago. Maybe
              some of the other members have more information. Norm
              --- Danny Creech <dannycreech@...> wrote:
              > >I purchased the project from a previous bulder
              > about
              > > two months ago.
              >
              > John, do you live in the USA? If so, did you buy
              > your
              > kit from Skip Stegmann?
              >
              > I am not in the process of building one but I am
              > looking for one to buy that is completed here in the
              > USA. It's just hard to find anyone that will part
              > with
              > a finished one.
              >
              > Danny Creech

              Find a job, post your resume.
              http://careers.yahoo.com
            • John Lamphere
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 3, 2001
                Hi Terry,

                I picked my project up in Mohave, and am building in
                Bakersfield, CA. Will try to get a few pics posted in
                the near future.

                Do you have one? If so, are you building or flying?

                Take Care.

                John

                --- Terry Akerman <terry@...> wrote: > Hi
                John,

                > Welcome to the group. Where are you building?
                >
                > Best regards
                >
                > Terry Akerman

                http://uk.my.yahoo.com
              • Terry Akerman
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 3, 2001
                  Hi John,

                  I've just started building.  Tailplane cap and web bonded and busy rubbing down the excess araldite that seeped out.  What a boring job.
                  I have a few pictures on my website www.cricri.co.uk and will add more as time permits.  Are you building from scratch or is it a part built project you have.

                  Best regards

                  Terry Akerman

                  I picked my project up in Mohave, and am building in
                  Bakersfield, CA.  Will try to get a few pics posted in
                  the near future.

                  Do you have one?  If so, are you building or flying?

                  Take Care.

                  John

                  --- Terry Akerman <terry@...> wrote: > Hi
                  John,

                  > Welcome to the group.  Where are you building?
                  >
                  > Best regards
                  >
                  > Terry Akerman

                • John Lamphere
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 4, 2001
                    Good day Terry,

                    Mine is a partially built project. The fuselage was
                    built when I bought the project. Now I am finishing
                    up the tail. Currently mounting the vertical fin to
                    the fuselage. I am having some touble with the horiz.
                    tail control horn. I'm not very happy with the
                    previous construction, so I think that I will
                    refabricate this critical part and the two ribs that
                    it attatches to.

                    Keep building, it gets more challenging trust me.

                    http://uk.my.yahoo.com