Australian Builders

  • luke.delaney
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2007
      Hi guys,
      I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
      building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.

      Cheers,
      Luke Delaney
    • holmsy2004
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
        not planning on building but gee i wish i was, unfortunately i cant
        afford the time or the money. its just such a cool design. where in
        aus are you luke? if im ever in your area i would be happy to give you
        a hand.
        brett

        --- In CriCri@yahoogroups.com, "luke.delaney" <luke.delaney@...> wrote:

        > Hi guys,
        > I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
        > building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Luke Delaney

      • Wayne/Gill Butt
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
          Theres one in New Zealand (me). 3/4 finished a 3W powered cricri. Its only a two hour flight from Sydney if you want to meet up!
          Wayne
          New Plymouth
          I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
          building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.

          Cheers,
          Luke Delaney

          http://www.eset.com
        • Luke Delaney
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
            hi Brett,
            i think thats why most people don't go ahead with construction of home built Aircraft because of restrictions with money and time, it was one of the reasons why i wasn't going to build  a Cri Cri. At the moment I am currently Completing My commercial pilots license so Money is tight, But the good thing is i live in Darwin and there are alot of Friends in supply industries willing to help out.

            Cheers,
            Luke

            not planning on building but gee i wish i was, unfortunately i cant
            afford the time or the money. its just such a cool design. where in
            aus are you luke? if im ever in your area i would be happy to give you
            a hand.
            brett

            --- In CriCri@yahoogroups. com, "luke.delaney" <luke.delaney@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi guys,
            > I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
            > building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Luke Delaney

          • Luke Delaney
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
              Hey Wayne,
              Thats good to hear its almost done, i haven't even started building yet, but plan to in about a month it will probably be at least a year before i finish, Maybe closer to 2. I actually live in Darwin which is a Fair distance from New Zealand But i Plan to one day go There to live for a bit.What 3w engine was it that was Powering your Cri Cri, I'm Currently trying to decide what engine would be the best to use with out modifying to much and losing power, I'm thinking the solo 210 because tuned properly they can produce the same or more power as a JPX 212 (I think but not 100% sure) which in any case would probably be more expensive Due to Freight and other factors.
              Cheers,
              Luke
              Darwin, Australia

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                --- In CriCri@yahoogroups.com, "luke.delaney" <luke.delaney@...> wrote:

                > Hi guys,
                > I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
                > building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Luke Delaney

                Yip,
                One more, me.
                Mark Rindel
                Melbourne
                Where are you guys located?
              • Luke Delaney
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 7, 2007
                  Hey Mark,
                  I'm located in Darwin, I'm not 100% sure But i think Rob lives in Nelson Bay (NSW), its Good to hear someone in Melbourne is building a Cri Cri it would be interested to See one in Victorian skies. Are you planing on going to the Avalon Air show, Should be able to see Chris Willlis  Aircraft VH-CRI. I plan on going most likely on the Friday,Saturday or Sunday, But not Just sure yet.

                  > I was just wondering if there was any one else in Australia planing on
                  > building a Cri Cri besides Rob Hilton and Myself.
                  >
                  > Cheers,
                  > Luke Delaney

                  Yip,
                  One more, me.
                  Mark Rindel
                  Melbourne
                  Where are you guys located?

                • Mark
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 8, 2007
                    Hi there Luke,
                    Will most likely be going to Avilon but not sure what days yet.
                    Like to go there during the trade days less people..
                    Say I'm about to buy the Klegecell and can only buy full sheets anyone
                    interested in going shares? We only need about 0.5m2 of the thicker
                    version!
                    Figure that a sheet is good for about 8 aircraft's worth.

                    Anyway stay in contact there is another Cri-Cri here in Mel as well.
                    Regards
                    Mark

                    --- In CriCri@yahoogroups.com, Luke Delaney <luke.delaney@...> wrote:

                    > Hey Mark,
                    > I'm located in Darwin, I'm not 100% sure But i think Rob lives in
                    Nelson Bay (NSW), its Good to hear someone in Melbourne is building a
                    Cri Cri it would be interested to See one in Victorian skies. Are you
                    planing on going to the Avalon Air show, Should be able to see Chris
                    Willlis Aircraft VH-CRI. I plan on going most likely on the
                    Friday,Saturday or Sunday, But not Just sure yet.

                    {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}