  • Norman Masters
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi Cricri fans--

      I'm writing FAQ entry on thrust horsepower. I'd like
      to use the prop driven Cricri vs Nicolas Charmont's
      jet Cricri to put the math in context. I'm not an
      engineer or physicist so I can't do an in-depth
      mathematical analysis. What I need is some real world
      numbers for comparison. Could one of you provide
      these figures for the Jet Cricri?

      Rate of climb at sea level:
      " " 3,000 ft:
      " " 6,000 ft:
      Speed for best rate of climb:
      Take off roll at sea level:
      Service Ceiling:

      At 127 mph 80 lbs of thrust generates about 27 hp so
      the data on this page looks like it'll do for the
      propeller side of the comparison:
      http://home.comcast.net/~cricri-plane/Text/Specs.html
      I couls also use Speed for best rate of climb for the
      prop version.

      Thanks

      === .~.
      -- /V\