Re: [CriCri] Drilling holes in Klegecell

  • luv2fly
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2002
      Ken
      I went out and drilled a scrap piece of Klegecell and it did ok.Which
      Klegecell have you got?Is it the corse or fine.Picture enclosed of some
      ribs I have done for second
      CRICRI.Two pictures enclosed.
      SEE YAA"
      Jim.

      kenamt wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I am starting to build my ribs and ran into a little problem.
      >
      > When I drill my holes in the ribs the drill does not drill
      > a nice clean hole but just eates up the foam.
      >
      > How are you guys doing it?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Ken Trager

    • Ken Trager
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
        Jim

        I do not know which one it is - I do know that it is K100. I am trying using a piece
        of brass tubing in the drill press and it works great. I think I should of use a drill press
        to start with as the piece does not move around like using a hand drill. These holes
        are just so I can hang the piece in the box to get heat treated. Then I will drill the holes
        for the alingment pins.

        Also, there are no pictures attached that I can see.

        Thanks Jim for the help.

        kenamt wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I am starting to build my ribs and ran into a little problem.
        >
        > When I drill my holes in the ribs the drill does not drill
        > a nice clean hole but just eates up the foam.
        >
        > How are you guys doing it?
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Ken Trager

      • luv2fly
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
          Ken
          I do not know what happened to pictures.Here they are again.It has been
          about 2 years when I did the holes.I may have used a leather punch?
          SEE YAA"
          JIm

          Ken Trager wrote:

          > Part 1.1 Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
          > Encoding: 7bit
        • stephen chan
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
            Hello Jim:

            I am a bit perplexed. Your Klegecell is purple!
            I bought a small piece a couple of years ago and
            it was brown color like caramel. Then pass summer,
            I saw Vic's Klegecell and it was gray. Different
            manufacturers? Or maybe different grades?

            Regards,
            Stephen

            --- luv2fly <luv2fly@...> wrote:
            > Ken
            > I do not know what happened to pictures.Here they
            > are again.It has been
            > about 2 years when I did the holes.I may have used a
            > leather punch?
            > SEE YAA"
            > JIm

            HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
            http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/
          • Victor Asp
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
              My Klegecell is actually dark brown. I have the "TR75" grade. 75 I
              believe is the density (unclear on units) and TR has something to do
              with Temperature Resistant or I believe a high temp version, relating to
              the dimensional stability at higher temps. You may find something about
              this on the diab group website (or divinycell). The Red color foam
              appears to be what was provided in the original kits as I have seen. I
              think this may the "room" temperature range version.

              As for drilling I have used a drill bit with moderate success at good
              holes. However, what are these holes used for? In most cases it is
              just for alignment or clamping, not structural. In cases where the rods
              will be attached, glue is the mechanism where I do not believe you need
              to produce a high quality hole.

              Vic

              stephen chan wrote:

              > Hello Jim:
              >
              > I am a bit perplexed. Your Klegecell is purple!
              > I bought a small piece a couple of years ago and
              > it was brown color like caramel. Then pass summer,
              > I saw Vic's Klegecell and it was gray. Different
              > manufacturers? Or maybe different grades?
              >
              > Regards,
              > Stephen
              >
              > --- luv2fly <luv2fly@...> wrote:
              > > Ken
              > > I do not know what happened to pictures.Here they
              > > are again.It has been
              > > about 2 years when I did the holes.I may have used a
              > > leather punch?
              > > SEE YAA"
              > > JIm

            • luv2fly
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
                Stephen
                This is Klegecell out of a kit.It is one of the few items that are of
                any good.
                Enclosed is a picture of some diffferent Divinycell and Klegecell.
                SEE YAA"
                Jim