Looking for pelicans

  • carolee.ramos
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2009
      What have you all been seeing at Crex lately? Any good birds coming through to photograph? What time of day were you there?
    • Kim Dauer
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
        Cranes in the thousands, many types of hawks, geese, ducks swans.  Haven't noticed any pelicans.  Warbler migration is winding down, lots of sparrows coming through.  Noticed white throated sparrows yesterday all over.

        Kim

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
          Just heard a rumor (actually from a very good source) that 2 of the three whooping cranes that were here last year are unaccounted for.  Perhaps they are somewhere around here!  Keep an eye out - especially around the Fish Lake Wildlife Area!  Wouldn't that be cool?

          From: carolee.ramos <carolee.ramos@ yahoo.com>

          To: CrexMeadowsNatureLo vers@yahoogroups .com

          Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 11:44 PM

          What have you all been seeing at Crex lately? Any good birds coming through to photograph? What time of day were you there?

        • wwblues
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2009
            There have been quite a few pelicans in St. Paul this summer, in case you are near there. A large flock hung around Snail Lake, and were all over Grass Lake when it had water in it. They were also in smaller groups on Vadnais and the connected lakes. I haven't seen them in the last week or so, though.

            Bill in MN