Re: [CrexMeadowsNatureLovers] Migrants Moving In

  • Kim Dauer
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      I went out for a bit Saturday afternoon - we have a few pairs of returning cranes, many geese, swans, and lots of immature bald eagles.  A couple of pairs of mature eagles have chosen their nesting sites and it appears they may have laid eggs.

      The snow is a setback - we got 6-8 inches in this area, but it will help fill the flowages up as it melts.  And it will feed the roots of the many wildflowers I am waiting to see.  I expect the Pasqueflowers on Reigel ridge to appear any time now.  Will look for them this week.

      Remember - we are open weekends now, so please stop in if you are in the area!

      I wish you many happy adventures!

      Kim

      mn_windchill <mn_windchill@...> wrote:
      As I posted earlier, first Sandhills began showing up. Today (sunday)
      I heard larger numbers in the area (west of scandia). Hawk numbers are
      increasing here also. Ducks are moving in. Gold finches are starting
      to show up in numbers too.

      With this storm coming, I expect many birds to be riding the winds
      north. The local birds have been very excited and have the drive to
      head north.

      This next couple weeks should be LOTS of Fun!