Tundras

  • toomanykayaks
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      Tundra (or Whistler) swans are on Crex now. They are the ones in larger flocks.
    • mn_windchill
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        Thanks for the Clue!

        People interested in seeing these guys should be warned, they do not linger long on the meadows (anyways, thats my experience with Tundras)

        Side Note, Marge Gibson, executive director of the Raptor Education Group, Inc., in Antigo is on MSNBC regarding a Sandhill crane recovery:

        http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29992304/

        ~windchill~

        --- In CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com, "toomanykayaks" <toomanykayaks@...> wrote:

        > Tundra (or Whistler) swans are on Crex now. They are the ones in larger flocks.

      • Anna and Kevin Merritt
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          great story...thanks for sharing!!! LOVE, LOVE happy endings!!!

          Anna Martineau Merritt
          Misty Pine Photography715-376-4677
          218-393-6299 (cell)
          MY BOOK, Life, through the window of my car http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/440926
          Web site:www.mistypinephotography.com

          myspace http://www.myspace.com/mistypinephotography
          Flickr http://www.flickr.com/people/jackpineflats/
          *************Thoughts for the day******************

          No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn...unknown

          What you think about, you bring about...unknown

          The heart has reasons that reason doesn't know...unknown

          The best way to predict the future is to inventit...unknown

          ________________________________
          People interested in seeing these guys should be warned, they do not linger long on the meadows (anyways, thats my experience with Tundras)

          Side Note, Marge Gibson, executive director of the Raptor Education Group, Inc., in Antigo is on MSNBC regarding a Sandhill crane recovery:

          http://www.msnbc msn.com/id/ 29992304/

          ~windchill~

          --- In CrexMeadowsNatureLo vers@yahoogroups .com, "toomanykayaks" <toomanykayaks@ ...> wrote:

          > Tundra (or Whistler) swans are on Crex now. They are the ones in larger flocks.

        • Rich Peet
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            Agreed, thanks for the heads up. I will search for them tomorrow.
            Sound is the easiest give away which swan you are looking at.

            Rich