anyone been up to crex lately

  • garrick.meyer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
      hi everyone has anyone been up to crex ? are the roads plowed in the
      winter? this is my first winter coming to crex. looking for snow owls
      or what ever is up there right now. miss coming up during the summer
      and fall...

      gary
    • d_bohlke
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2009
        --- In CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com, "garrick.meyer"
        <garrick.meyer@...> wrote:

        > hi everyone has anyone been up to crex ? are the roads plowed in the
        > winter? this is my first winter coming to crex. looking for snow owls
        > or what ever is up there right now. miss coming up during the summer
        > and fall...
        >
        > gary

        The roads are wide open. Ruff grouse on the edges of lodge poles, no
        owls or raptors have been seen. A few pheasants are by the pump house
        corner. A bobcat is hanging out around Rest Area C.
        Dale
      • Rick
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2009
          And if the wildlife is sparse the landscape is still of interest.
          Weather allowing, next month prior to the full moon we will be coming
          up to photograph landscapes lit by the light of the waxing moon.

          Rick
        • garrick.meyer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
            sounds good to me also i am thinking the same thing

            > And if the wildlife is sparse the landscape is still of interest.
            > Weather allowing, next month prior to the full moon we will be coming
            > up to photograph landscapes lit by the light of the waxing moon.
            >
            > Rick

          • MJ Springett
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 15, 2009
              yes, i have been to crex shooting the reflections in the ice storm branches and weeds, also weeds sticking out of the snow and rainbows in the snow, when the sunshines, however, dress warm cause it was -27 degrees this morning,

              Marge

              SPRINGETT IMAGES -Marge and Jim Springett
              Specializing in images from Crex Meadows and North Dakota Badlands

              Find our images at:
              mjspringett.com (nature photography) or
              jimmyspringett.com (watercolors)
              email mjspringett@... or jspringett@...