RE: [CrexMeadowsNatureLovers] Re: Sandhills

  • collie71@juno.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
      I live near Osceola and had two sandhills standing in the field adjacent to my back yard on Mon and as I was getting in bed last night I heard some calling as they flew over my house. Apparently they want it to warm up about as bad as I do. Kevin
    • mn_windchill
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
        Yes...
        since late November ...

        --- In CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com, "gary meyer" <gmeyer@...> wrote:

        > you all getting cabin fever ??

      • cindy bertalan
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
          Singular/ pairs of sandhills here and there around Madison for about 2 wks. now. Also large flocks of robins desperately chowing down crabapples. The juncos are chasing them (huh - what's that all about?).

          Cindy

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 28, 2013
            Saw the first pair of Sandhills today on Phantom Lake Rd. Also saw the FOY Mallards and Canada Geese in the open water by the pump house on Dike 1. The roads aren't too terribly bad. There are a few muddy spots but nothing impassable.