RE: [CrexMeadowsNatureLovers] Re: Sandhills

  • gary meyer
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
      you all getting cabin fever ??

      From: CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Agogo
      Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:47 PM
      To: CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CrexMeadowsNatureLovers] Re: Sandhills

      I saw the FOY Crex Sandhills last year on 3-17-12. If they come here right now they better be wearing snowshoes!

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
        I live near Osceola and had two sandhills standing in the field adjacent to my back yard on Mon and as I was getting in bed last night I heard some calling as they flew over my house. Apparently they want it to warm up about as bad as I do. Kevin
      • mn_windchill
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
          Yes...
          since late November ...

          --- In CrexMeadowsNatureLovers@yahoogroups.com, "gary meyer" <gmeyer@...> wrote:

          > you all getting cabin fever ??

        • cindy bertalan
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 21, 2013
            Singular/ pairs of sandhills here and there around Madison for about 2 wks. now. Also large flocks of robins desperately chowing down crabapples. The juncos are chasing them (huh - what's that all about?).

            Cindy

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 28, 2013
              Saw the first pair of Sandhills today on Phantom Lake Rd. Also saw the FOY Mallards and Canada Geese in the open water by the pump house on Dike 1. The roads aren't too terribly bad. There are a few muddy spots but nothing impassable.